First inside grow...First legal grow..Journal 1:1

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Vendiweed, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Greetings and well met!

This will be my first entry in my new journal on my first legal grow. Will include lots of pics to catch up and my first big problem.

I started things up in a 12x16 room in my basement. Painted walls, ceilings and floors a white, have divided half the room with light plastic and a thick blanket. In this room is one window at ground level where I have removed the glass and temporary installed a 60cfm fan that is working as an intake. I bought a new Apollo digital switchable 600 watt light kit and which I have been running 24/7 since 2-10-14. I bought 20 fem seeds from AMS, half White Widow and half Haze, they also sent 20 freebies. I divided the seeds, all of them into 3 plantings, about a week apart. I bought the Hydro Farm germination station to germinate them and bought the thermostat a week later. Am using 3 gallon grow bags right now. Am using the FloraSeries  by General Hydroponics. Bought good PH and TDS meters and use General Hydroponics PH up and down. Got the acu-rite humidity monitor hanging mid-air. Also I have a new inline 240cfm fan with 25' of good ducting, which I have NOT installed yet, another story. With the attached pics I think this will bring my journal up to date as far as where I am with what.

chem station.JPG week 3 plants.JPG germanation station.JPG germ box closeup.JPG ele station.JPG WW AMS.JPG HAZE F pic #1.JPG closeup WW 2week.JPG

I have gnats and am researching what's going on with that now and will post on that soon. Also, my first 6 plants, my biggest ones are in soil that has NO water retention and is pooling up and souring in the trays, the roots haven't made it to the bottom yet and are still mostly contained in the large peat pots at this time.

I welcome all comments and suggestions, hints and tips. Firm believer in a 100 minds is better than one!

Thanks,
    vendi

Attached Files:

2. Greetings!

Added a pic here of the grow as it is tonight! Not too bad. nice full shot 2.JPG