First indoor grow, worried about plant height

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by blackey, Sep 17, 2012.

1. I have a grow space. Its 4 feet wide, 6 feet long, and I can only afford 3 feet plant height. I am also worried about the smell. I am aware marijuana smells pretty dank outdoors and the accumulated smell indoors will probably be smellier. I am not worried about anybody inside the home to smell it but if somebody has to come over like a family member, or a friend or a friend of the people I live with I don't want them to smell the weed. Should I invest in a tent?

My space is pretty big, I am looking for some suggestions on what I should try and grow my first time doing an indoor grow. I plan to use CFL lighting and really want to try and get all the plant nutrients in the soil so I don't have to worry about watering things in because I sorta messed that up with my outdoor grow this year and lost almost everything because of one simple mistake that burned my plants right before they started budding and it didn't go so well.

I can't get ventilation in this grow area, but I surely can put a fan inside to circulate air and mimic wind and open up the door do move air out and get fresh air in. I actually may be able to get ventilation through the garage but maybe not. I am thinking maybe growing Lowrider, it looks small enough and good enough. But I want to try to harvest at least 4 ounces of bud.

Heres some things I have on my list I think I need to buy

Humidity sensor
    Automatic Light on/off timer
    Small wall mount fans for "wind"
    CFL light bulbs
    Soil, pots (obviously)

Anything else?

I would like to grow something that only gets 2-3 feet tall so I don't have to mess around and prevent the plants from growing taller because if they do their going to hit the wooden ceiling. I have to factor in the height of the pots too and with me only having 3 feet of head room, its cutting it sorta close. I am thinking of growing two or three plants, or up to 5 if I can find a strain that grows more like a small shrub than a tall plant.