First indoor grow, setup help/advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Richayy, Aug 9, 2012.

1. yea i have had both of them on at once, they get pretty warm but the glass and size of the reflector keep it down a bit, im hoping that even though the fan has to pull air through a filter before it enters the lights it will still have enough air flow to be used effectively.

2. i dont think the power of the fan is gonna be a problem with a 6" high vol inline 440cfm fan... the only prob you might have is your gonna be pullin hot air from your room over the bulbs... im pullin like 77 degree air over my bulb to keep it cool...not sure how well the hot air from the room is goona cool the lights? the only way to find out is to set it up...go for it richayyy:)

3. Well i went to the hydro shop today and bought a hurricane inline fan 440cfms and a can filter 33 with a 4in flange and 6 to 4 adapter for it. I also bought a duct splitter so now im pulling from both reflectors simultaneously. I have my filter on the outside of the gro room wall so i suck air from the room through both reflectors into a splitter, inline fan, then pushed through the carbon filter in the outside. I tested the fan out and its pretty powerful so im happy. Tomorrow im going to finish installing the exhaust fan in the veg section and run both 600s at full power to see how often i want my fan to kick on due to temps. Im also going to make a light proof opening to allow negative pressure to draw in fresh air naturally. Ill take some photos when the lights come on and try not to get so stoned i forget to upload:p

4. Finally finished the room apart from imstalling the carbon filter and i realized i cut my thermometer with the sawsall -_- oh well just an excuse to go to the hydro shop. Check out my babies:)

ForumRunner_20120826_153923.png

ForumRunner_20120826_153956.png

ForumRunner_20120826_154015.png

ForumRunner_20120826_154037.png

My outdoor northern lights x big bud over 7ft now. Just showing pistils. \m/

5. the white mattress looking thing is just insulation board wrapped in white plastic. i did this to keep the roots off the concrete. they look a tad droopy but i just watered em and the leaves are heavy not hungry;) i love my smart pots. i think there doing a good job so far and im really not watering that much at all. every 3 days or so. i took a gatorade bottle and poked holes in the cap with a thumbtack so i just pour my distilled water in the bottle, screw the cap on and turn it upside down. the water wont come out unless i squeeze so i have really good control of the watering now. still havent given them any nutrients. doubt i will until i start flowering unless someone recommends elsewise.

6. just realized i started this thread in indoor growing and not indoor growing journals...doh. maybe thats why only gunslinger is participating:p oh well! hes helped me out tremendously already!

7. i put my journal in the same place before i realized the other section was there...i think you can move it some how not quite sure...im happy with the crowd ive gathered... you can always post any questions in my thread if you want more peeps to see it:smoke:

8. Thanks brother. Ill try to figure out how to move the thread but until then ill keep busy on yours, sunnys, and gs' thread:p

9. Few update pics:)
    ForumRunner_20120828_145304.png

ForumRunner_20120828_145323.png

ForumRunner_20120828_145340.png

ForumRunner_20120828_145410.png

ForumRunner_20120828_145428.png

ForumRunner_20120828_145447.png

10. Looking good my man...very healthy looking! You got a bunch of different strains going there huh?

11. you know it! fem afghan, fem pure power plant, fem skunk #1, fem master kush, yumboldt 47, bubba kush, OG kush and a bag seed that im using as a step ahead guinea pig. its doing the best to be honest:p (for now ;) )
    im also starting a clone from my monster outdoor fem NL x BB in my bathroom, its on full24hr under a t5 and is doing well. i will probably keep this as a mother plant.

12. Very cool....I will be following along now that I found your journal :laughing:

13. thanks man i love your tips. i wish i knew my link wasnt working earlier! :p i forgot to erase the http// shit -_- whatever. were good to go now. :smoke:

14. About to go check o n my out door ladies:) thete all bagseed except for a hash cheese plant and a northern lights x big bud plant thats over 7'1/2 tall now :smoke: ill post pics as soon as i return.

15. #55 Richayy, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
    ForumRunner_20120830_115659.png
    NL x BB close up

ForumRunner_20120830_115641.png
    nl x bb tied down

ForumRunner_20120830_115614.png
    HC close up

ForumRunner_20120830_115553.png

Hash cheese

ForumRunner_20120830_115534.png

bag seed close up

ForumRunner_20120830_115512.png

bag seed

16. Indoor pic update later today :) :smoke:

17. that hash cheese looks nice :smoke:

18. Gc wont let me upload pics from my phone... but there all looking good:) one of them has a leaf yhat has a couple bites out of it but no bugs to be seen. And yea i wish you could smell yhat hash cheese....nasty stuff.

19. finally got to blast my big 600s:) i have my ballasts running on 50%, ill prolly do 75% tomorrow then 100% on thursday. there still running 18-6 but ill prolly switch em over to 12-12 this weekend. i transplanted 6 of 8 into 5gal smart pots, need to go get more dirt tomorrow. there sitting on milkcrates and i lowered the lights a bit...watered em in with a some nutrients...bio grow,bio root, and bio weed..just a little bit so theres no way theyd get lockout, but enough to boost em;) there about 8-9in away from the tallest lady..and i found out what was eating the leaf of my one plant....a huge fucking spider that fell on my foot as i was carrying the plant out of the grow to transplant. i hate spiders...and he wasnt doing much for my girls so hes dead now. im sure im not thinking of every update but its about time for a joint and im all anxious. stoked to see how they adjust to the lights.