First Indoor Grow: Pics. Opinions?

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by medical grower, Oct 23, 2011.

1. I use 2 Tbsp per gallon all the way from veg. thru flowering and I just love it ! Just for soil for Aeroponics I have to go with Synthetic Sugars.

2. it apparently feeds the micro organisms in the soil which in turn feeds the plant, so this long term feeding plan seems to make sense (I really don't have any experience, just read a fair bit on here!)

3. I'm going to pick up some molasses today while i'm grocery shopping and will try it with the next feeding. Been considering it anyway, and now that i've heard from someone who's been using it i'm ready to give it a go.

Thanks for the info. Keep it coming at will!

Marcus :hello:

4. Ok. So I bought my wife a really nice digital SLR camera last week and she wants to do a photo journal of the flowering of our Blueberry Kush plant beginning last night (end of day 9 of flower) through the end of the cycle. Will try to get her to take pictures nightly and post them the next day. The pics will be from varies bud sites on a single plant.

We will call her photo journal "A Day in the Life". Enjoy!

Attached Files:

5. That's excellent, I love to see when the couples (marriages, partners, boyfriend & girlfriend) share this passion together. +Rep

I will be watching very close.

A good man say once

"The Herb will be the unification of this world" - BobMarley

6. great lighting, really crisp images! I'm with zeroshawdow, this is one to follow.

7. Thanks! And she's really just learning how to use the thing. Luckily my cousin is a pro and has been giving her tips. We found that taking pics with just the M. Halides running makes for much better shots than with that big ol' HPS burning. Its actually kind of cool to watch. Ten seconds after I turn off the HPS the leaves on the plants start folding in preparing for that twelve hours of nighty-night time!

8. hahahah classic

9. ????? Hey, Boom, what's classic?

10. Thanks, guys! You brought a big smile to my wife's face. :)

11. #31 medical grower, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011
    Ok, here are the pics from tonight. End of day ten into flowering. I have many thoughts that I will post about tomorrow (mostly good), but for now I hope you enjoy this small glimpse into our green world.

The first pic is the main top of the Blueberry Kush. The next two shots are lower bud sites on the same plant. Then there are two quick shots of the Super Lemon Haze and Blue Dream (both Sativa) that I threw in just for the Hell of it.

G'nite world....

M

Attached Files:

12. Ok, so I fed my girls this morning. Started tweaking the Lucas Formula (Micro and Bloom) by slightly decreasing the micro (less nitrogen) and increased the bloom by one and a half teaspoons per gallon. On the advice of zeroshawdow I also added a tablespoon of molasses to the mix. If the girls are happy with that (and i'm certain they will be), i'll increase the molasses to two tablespoons within the next ten days. So far so good. Decent pistils coming on and there are more bud sites on my four plants than I can count. keep your fingers crossed!

13. looking good.. im subb'd seen you post on another thread and decided to check things out.. im 3 weeks into flowering myself.. its my first grow.. if u like its in my blog.. also i just started my first auto flower u can check that out as well.. happy growing:wave: ill be checking back from time to time.. keep up the good work. ;)

14. lol good fking tomato plants then.. id smoke them up lol

15. Same bro! 3+ weeks

16. A Day in the Life Part 3: Flowering day eleven

And... here are the girls at the end of day eleven of flowering, right before I brought them a glass of water and tucked them in. Again, all of the same plant. The Blueberry Kush to be exact. A few shots of the main top and some of the lower bud sites. Very noticeable difference in frequency and size of pistils tonight. Funny. Marijuana itself isn't addictive, but growing it sure as Hell is!

80 degrees here in Colorado yesterday. A record high. Tonight, rain turning to snow. Six to twelve INCHES of snow. Welcome to the Rockies :eek:

Oh, and I think they liked the molasses. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

17. Scratch that. Rain is long gone. Snowing like a MF out there! Very beautiful, though.

18. Looking very nice! Great pictures too!

19. I recently had a thought about choosing when to harvest that might be worth considering. After I bought my 40X scope my wife and I were testing it out by looking over dried and cured bud that I bought from a local dispensary. Really good stuff BTW. Anyway, it occurred to me that comparing the trics, pistils, etc of purchased bud that you really like to bud you're growing it might help a person determine when to harvest their crop. Obviously the color of the tricomes being the most important thing to consider. For example, if some of your favorite bud has a combo of clear/milky tricomes, why not harvest your own bud when it looks about the same? Or if your favorite smoke has a lot of amber trics, why not then? What about how far the pistils have or haven't receded back into the bud?

You could possibly even play with this method further by strain type. Say you have an Indica dominant strain which is probably going to give you much more of a body, pain relief, couch-lock buzz than Sativa does. Well, you could choose to increase those natural attributes by waiting to harvest when more amber tics are present, or you could give the Indica a mixture of head and body high by harvesting when the tricomes are clear-ish and milky. Or vice-versa with a Sativa dominant strain.

I dunno. Worth a thought at least. Or maybe i'm just full of shit :rolleyes: