First indoor grow- ak47

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by wonderer120, Dec 15, 2012.

1. This is my first grow and I decided to do a journal. I am on a super tight budget for the next few months, so this set up isn't exactly the nicest but it is a work in progress.

My home made "gun safe" consist of x4 100 watt cfl lamps, two shop light t12 tube lights (4ft). 1 80 CDMA fan not quite in yet but soon!.
    So far I have my seed germinated I think enough anyway. I could see the tap root coming out.
    So I put in in my soil and set only the 4 lamps for now to 18/6. I hope this is correct so far.
    Here is some pics and sorry for grammar and spelling prior I'm horrible. But I don't use forums that often but ill get better thanks blades!

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

Attached Files:

2. So I planted my seed on Saturday and when I came home tonight I found a sprout. I know it's small and hard to see, but how does it look?

Attached Files:

3. image-4028372147.jpg

Here is day 5 how's it looking?

4. And just realized my auto correct made me look like a lot more of a idiot haha. Any way here are some pics of day 7.

Attached Files:

5. K I need help some one! Maybe I'm just trippin but, I'm looking at some other grows as similar to mine as possible.
    And it seems like my plant is growing much slower then is should be. And I have noticed yellowing on the very bottom round leaves? Any help would be great thanks!

Attached Files:

6. every plant is different on how it grows. I'm working on my first grow and she's shot up slowed down and shot up, just give her time patients is key. also the round leaves are gonna yellow and fall off eventually. I forget the correct term that's used but those are giving her food and hormones. first grows are scary but hella fun. also she's lookin good too.

7. That's good to hear. It's not that I haven't been patient I'm actually pretty amazed how fast it's growing!
    That's strange I haven't came across anything that says the cotyltyle or however it's spelt, I didn't know they fell off

8. ya my buddy told me about that I was concerned too, but he showed me his plants. just look at other grow journals and you'll see.

9. Need help

I'm on day 10 and my leaves are starting to turn more light green almost yellow
    I don't think I'm watering correctly I'm only pouring about a cup of water every two days and mist the top about every day. I don't currently have a fan blowing on the lights and plant just a vent fan. Here some pics any help would be great!

Attached Files:

10. what light spectrum are your lights? have you been adding nutes? try only watering when the soil feels dry.

11. All four of the cfls were 2700 but I just put 3 6500 in there and I have already noticed a good size increase

12. Here is some pics of my set up as of now

Attached Files:

13. ya those 65ks should help a lot. what soil are you using? make sure it's not too high in nitrogen, she's gonna love some eventually just too much for her right now is bad.

14. Mg moisture control for now where can I find fox farm at?

15. Is that soil ok to use for now?

Here is also a pic of day 15 here how does it look?

Attached Files:

16. its looking pretty good a little light green but its not a big deal, could be from the miracle grow soil

17. Yea ill be getting new soil next Friday then plan on transplanting to that 5 gal bucket

18. I'd say she looks good, just keep those lights on her and that soil should be fine just check to make sure it's not crazy high in nitrogen.

19. I'm a newb I don't know how to check nitrogen levels?

20. ether with a soil ph meter or look on your soil bag it'll have all the nutes and composts labeled somewhere.