First Indoor Attempt: Pura AK, Bubblegumer, Exodus Cheese, Big Bang

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by rzo, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Well, after a moderately successful first outdoor, I am trying an indoor. Doing lots of reading and jumping into the deep end a bit. Hoping to learn a lot as it happens.

Genetics:
    1 Pure AK fem -Female Seeds
    1 Bubblegummer " " "
    1 Big Bang fem. - Greenhouse
    2 Exodus Cheese fem. "

They are about 2 1/2 weeks old. I germed 4 seeds using paper towel method. Originally I didn't have cheese but had a fem. silver jack that was bad. Replaced the silver jack with two exodus cheese seeds a few days later. One ex. cheese sprouted fast and one was extremely slow.

They are currently vegging under 7 23 watt daylight cfls in a converted fridge with a small fan blowing. Holes for intake and outtake exist but outtake doesn't have a proper fan. They are in sunshine mix that has been top dressed with worm castings and have received some small amounts of organic liquid fert (1/4 strength).

Pictures In Order:
    1. Converted Fridge
    2. View of inside
    3. Bubblegummer on the left (looking slightly droopy today) and pure ak on the right looking peppy
    4. Big Bang - The leaves on this one are weird. Very broad and also long. The nodes are extremely tight and the plant doesn't want to stretch at all.
    5. The two exodus cheese. One is taking on very well now and one in behind is the little runt that I don't think will go anywhere.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm planning on leaving them in there for another two weeks before I transplant them and put them in their room. I'm still working on the room, but I've got my exhaust and carbon filter set up. I have white poly that I will hang and I need to get a tarp zip for the door. Organic soil mix is cooking, but I need to add more humus than just the worm castings. Any recommended source available in late October?

I have the following lights:

400 watt mh
    400 watt convertible hps
    1000 watt hps

I haven't decided what combination of lamps to use yet. I'm growing verticle bare bulb and plan to veg to 45-60 cm before switching to 12-12 (I have lots of space). I may end up switching to veg. much earlier to my own paranoia...however....

I am thinking one of the following combinations:

400 mh veg.
    400 hps flower
    or
    400 mh veg.
    1000 hps flower
    or
    400 mh/1000 hps entire grow

• Like Like x 1
  3. I am thinking about turning my fridge contraption into a proper cloning chamber. Thinking I can place another strip of lights in there and take like 3 or 4 clones of each plant and then pulling the strains I dislike.

Anyone personally grown any of these out? Got any links?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hmm...plants are looking droopier after yesterdays watering. i have been using pot weight as a guide and average watering is every 3 or 4 days.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 rzo, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
    They are looking better today. I am not sure if the droop was from being left dry for too long but that is my guess based on one day response. I thought droopy underwater plants sprang back immediately though.
    ForumRunner_20121022_204521.png

• Like Like x 1
  6. hey man, im always down to watch some mj grow. looking good so far!

7. Thanks a lot! I'm just stoked to see someone else in my thread.

Plants are looking killer today - big jumps in growth every day or two. Another week and a half in their starter pots before they move to the big boys.

The second cheese is a major runt and doesn't seem to be doing anything. Anyone ever had a plant that started slow like this and then took off or am I just wasting my time on it?

8. They have been transplanted and are around a bare 400 mh. I plan to add a 1000 hps for flower

ForumRunner_20121030_143525.png

9. I don't have a pic at the moment and I'm pretty much talking to myself but....

4 days after transplant and around the 400 have been incredible. They've tripled in size already! Watered yesterday with a homemade tea of kelp meal, ewc, alfafa meal, and a little molasses.

10. #10 rzo, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2012
    Well at least this journal is helping me keep track of it. 1 month in and will probably veg. for 1 month more. Plans may change. Small rust spot on the bubblegummer (my favourite of the bunch at this point). Planning to later pull clones of each from back branches that don't get direct light.

In order: Pure Ak, Bubblegummer, Big Bang, Exodus Cheese (2 1/2 weeks old) and mini me.

Attached Files:

11. Any constructive criticism for a first time would be greatly appreciated!

12. hey bud, plants are looking good. sorry i didnt get back to here earlier, somehow got lost in my subbed threads.

how are your temps with the light switch-up? i run an air-cooled 400w mh/hps and know that they can get pretty hot by themselves. u planning on trying any lst or other training with all that veg time? should be some monsters with a month more of veg! oh ya hows the smell by now??

keep up the good work bro.

13. In order: big bang,exodus cheese, pure ak, bubblegummer.

I am vegging longer because the cheese was started later. I have topped both the ak and bg to give the cheese time to catch up. Cheese has almost caught up to the slower growingbig bang

14. Thanks albertahigh. lights on temps are around 70 and 60 with lights off.

I still have not decided if I will flower with the 400 or the 1000. If I go with the bigger bulb i will add another fan that will sit on the fllor and blow vertical umderneath the bulb

15. I will be using a combo of bamboo stakes and supercropping to make sure as many braches fill on the gaps around the light. next time i might try a vertical scrog tho.

16. Heeyy great grow journal i will be subbing cant wait to see how the babies turn out nefty set up as well

17. Thanks! I am thinking one more week until I flip to flowering. so far i am loving both the pure ak and the bubblegummer and hoping they continue like this into flower. not impressed with big bang but cant judge a strain based off one seed.

18. Nice man, ive always wanted to try to supercrop but I usually grow autos and they wouldn't have it! Next grow maybe ..

btw just got my new grow journal up, posted it in my sig if you want to drop by and check it out.

19. Have you tried lst on your autos? I have allways had better yields doing this with autos.