First hydro

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Verfolgung, Oct 26, 2009.

1. hey this is going to be my first hydro grow an i was just wondering how do i use coco plugs with a seed because every time i try to let it sit in water for a little it tends to break apart. Can anyone explain to me what im doing wrong?

and when i transfer the coco plug do i just let the it sit right above the water line barely enough for the root to touch the water? sorry for the questions iv been trying to look it up but i cannot find any topics about using coco plugs in a hydro system

2. Never used coco, only rockwool and hydroton. Coco was always such a mesh when I used it for other plants in soil that I did'nt want to mess with it. Good luck.

3. no the coco plugs or grow plugs are solid, they are a little messy at first but the crap washes off of them, soak the seeds in 6.0 water over night, soak grow plugs in 6.0 water for a couple mins, squeeze out some of the water. insert the seed into the plug (1/4-1/2" down) rip a little piece off the plug and cover the seed, KEEP THEM MOIST not wet, and no direct light (the darker the better) till they sprout, once they sprout put them in a basket, or cover them with hygroton or what ever ur using. and keep the plugs moist and rood will grow out of them
    get a grow plug that has willow bark in it, Willow bark contains auxins (plant growth hormones) the auxin will help root faster.