First Hydro grow. Almost 3 weeks old- Ak-47 [Pics]

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Runthru888, Feb 19, 2007.

1. the sprout when under lights at the beginning of the month(1st-3rd)
    The first picture is from then and the rest are from today. Ive noticed there is a little yellow at the tip of the bottom leaf. Is this normal cause the leaf will fall off eventually anyways.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Any nutes yet? what flavor? Its hard to see the yellowing in the pics..
    she looks good though.

3. 4th pick from the top. The tip of the lowest leaf its a bright yellow.

I also just highered the lights cause the plant was like 10 inches away from the light. its at 16-17 now which is a good height?

4. yes im using micro,gro, and bloom. The nutes that came with my waterfarm. ph is at about 6. Im using the amount of nutes it says to on the bottle for vege state of growth.

5. Superb. I've pulled up a chair....this is what I want my future grows to be. Already waiting for a Wilma system.
    Also I am trying "White Russian" which is a cross of AK-47 and White Widow.

Very best of luck, I will be watching this one....

6. thank you squid. Ill be posting new pictures of the plant tomorrow.
    Stay tuned folks.

7. ahh, the store built option, sometimes i wish i woulda gone prebuilt.

looks like you could fit two in there ;)

8. Looks like your all set.....pulls up a chair :smoking:

9. Well its day 19 and my baby is doing fine by the looks of it! :hello:

Is it ok if i touch my plant? I love petting it and whispering it sweet nothings lol no but um i got one osilating fan in my closet thats in the corner and blows around the space. Will this be good enough vent? I also leave the door open when the light is on but only when im here and i go to school and stuff so out of the 18 hours of light it gets aboutan average 4.5 hours of open door action a day i open the windows in the room and put the fan a little farther and have it blow fresh air into the closet.
    :smoking:
    Heres a little video i took. I was pretty high lol.
    <embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s18.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/mfuckindan88/video1.flv"></embed>

And the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Heres the leaf(Worse now)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. To my understanding i am growing ak-48 not 47 on the bag that the seeds came in it. Says ak-48**. **= White strain. What exactly is a white strain?

11. I'm not so sure what exactly a white strain is.
    I imagine it is either a White Widow x Something Else or they call them white because of the 'snowcones' you get during flowering.
    'Snowcones' being buds loaded with white 'crystals' (which aren't crystals but that's how they look from a distance)

One question for you though, are you spraying your plants with something?
    The green leaves I see aren't exactly looking green enough.
    Tap water loaded with Calcium perhaps???

12. nope not spraying it with anything. I have no idea i used water from the faucet in a basement...if that helps?

I also just looked and theres roots already come out the bottom of the bucket.

13. Well, I could be wrong, but I even think I'm seeying a spraying pattern on your reflective foil.
    The last picture you posted shows the reflective foil dulled (as if it was sprayed upon with some fine mist of stuff that leaves a white residue) only close to the plant, not on the left/right or the top of the foil.
    Only near the plant.

I even see white residue on the square tub you are using and on the top of the brown tubes.

Are you sure none of your hydro equipment is doing some spraying for you that you don't know about?

14. its just the drip ring i always lift it up to put the vial under one of the holes to test the ph of the water, doing this causes the fan(blowing air) to blow some of the water in the process after time its gotton around the closet. I dont think this really matters since is just the nutrient salt form i belive? But like you said about the dulling on the mylar i think i might just take it off cuase the walls are white anyway.

15. Don't focus on the dulled mylar on the wall.
    I don't see the point in making the walls dull white yourself when it happens automatically.;)

Focus on the leaves.
    If you spray these with nute salts you are effectively foliar feeding them, which may cause unintended results.
    Normally foliar feeding is not recommended unless your plants are having a big nute problem you can't fix otherwise.
    In theory, salts on the leaves can suck water out of a plant this can be dangerous.
    For sure, these salts will block light from reaching the inside of your leaves, putting the brakes on photosynthesis.

Maybe you can ask one of the hydro guys on this forum how you can take a water sample without misting your growbox.

16. the plant is developing very nicely so photosynthesis blockage i doubt is an issue especially if im using a 400w mh/hps for one plant. Its just nutrient water, it splashes on the lower leaves the top ones are fine casue it got some height and the mist dosent really reach them.

17. pics will be updated shortly(As soon as i come back from class)

18. Hey sorry for the delay, you know how it is. I managed to cop some new pics of my plant which i think is already showing me its femal?? Anyway its day 25 and its starting to stink a little when i walk into the closet. Also when i run the bottom of a leaf or stem gently and smell my finger it smells so nice :D

Day 25 pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the temp with my door open and fan blowing in.
    when its closed its at about 80-87.

19. and another thing. My plant will be ready for topping as soon as that top leaf set blossoms correct?

20. That looks like the PERFECT time to top , look at all thoses branchings bro , that plant wants to bush out , top it now. lets all the bottom sets catch up and then you have fresh two new ones on the top , you could Fimm and get 4 on the top your plant is gonna be a bush bro VERY nice K+ keep me updated very interested *edit* I would fimm the top , and then tie out all of thoses brances comeing off the bottom , tie them to the sides of the pot so the light is hitting them directly , all your fan leaves are blocking them. They will catch up NICELY!! Or you could just tie down that center branch after you top it would bush out nicely either way