first hydro attempt, how's she lookin? DWC, CFL, BAGSEED

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Nanook610, May 11, 2011.

1. subb'd. nice grow so far nook. im just now getting all my stuff together for my DWC. its going to be the first time ive tried hydroponics. i have a 30 day flowering headband right now but its a soil grow. she sticks like hell tho loving that. well good luck ill deff be following this journal since we both have bout the same experience.

2. #62 Nanook610, May 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    This is the info I got on mycos

It does some crazy shit in soil tho, like I said if I ever try soil growing this will be on my shopping list for sure.

3. #63 Nanook610, May 22, 2011
    thanks for joining Ghostkush! Do you have a journal on your headband? I have been curious on these genetics since its sour diesel and kush. Two killer strains. Is it 30 day flowering as in an autoflower strain? Very interested. Let me know

4. naw dont have a journal and i got a seed from a buddy of mine he got online. and yes very awesome strains to make one bad ass plant. and naw its not auto flowering. i vegd for about a month and a half then sent it to 12/12. im actually about to have to move so im changing the lights to 10 on 14 off. can you let me know what all u used for your DWC. im going to use a rubbermaid. i see your in florida shit im right above you in bama

5. #65 Nanook610, May 22, 2011
    All I used was a 5 gallon rubbermaid storage ($10 with lid), an aquarium pump($6-8), aquarium tubing($2 for 6 feet or so), an aquarium airstone($1-5) and some aluminum foil tape($5) everythings from the local SuperWalmart also I ordered the netpots, grow medium, and nutrients online.

6. ok i have all that down i was making sure. how many airstones are you using to get the water to splash/bubble to the netpots? im deff gon have to order the nutes and medium from somewhere online. thanks for the info

7. Hey man you if you have a dual output pump put 2 in, if you have single output, pick up a splitter and run 2 stones. Just distributes the bubbles a wee better I find :)

8. I use about 3.5 gallons in my 5 gallon res, I have one 4 inch airstone stick, it does the job. I ordered technafloras recipe for success on eBay. I strongly suggest it, it has made my grow that much easier. It comes with everything you need for the whole grow(may need to get a bit more at the end of flower), nutrient mixing recipes, and some clonex for cloning your plants. All $38 or so.

9. Thanks for the help. i was gone get a single output so i guess ill go with the splitter and run 2.

10. ok ill go look it up and see what its all about. i just found a clone kit that comes with almost everything for $25

11. yea your grow is lookin good so far bro. im about to start my own with a similar set up, im really interested to see how yours turns out.

12. Thanks for joining us getmedicated!
    Hope you stay subbed, one week till flower so pay attention :gc_rocks:

13. Looking good nanooke, I have the same with my Rez the plants are slurped that shit up. I'm kinda worried about them tho because I had to go outta town and my wifey is looney after my girls. I hope I don't have to divorce her when I get back lmao.

14. #74 Nanook610, May 22, 2011
    Lmao hodji what do u mean she's looney after your girls, she don't like em or just don't know what to do w/ em?
    I noticed when doing my check up this morning that I had a cfl touching a leaf and it singed the end of the leaf :/ shouldn't be a problem tho, know anything about this?

15. lmfao. sorry not looney, looking. That damn ipad corrects spelling automatically. its a pain in the ass. Yeah i had burned the top of one of my potted plants about 5 days ago and it has already healed. youll be good bro.:smoke:

16. Oh okay, yeah i hate the damn spell checker. I'll say a prayer for the health of your girls while you are out of town too, lol.

17. Haha hodji! My gal was looking after mine this weekend as well! They had slurped a bunch as well by the time I got back, but I love my ladies, fed em as soon as I got back. Hey nook! No worries about the leaf singe dude, happens all the time.

18. Update!
    Day 18 veggin'

Nothing too crazy going on right now. Just minor daily growth but I figured its my fuhkin journal ill doo what I wunt :metal:

I was so PISSED OFF today when I checked the tracking info on my H2O2 and found out that it was delivered Wednesday! The shipping company came while I was not home so instead of just trying to deliver it the next day they brought the package to the leasing office and had the lease agent sign for it.. And the lease agent didn't ever bring it to me since she isn't a mailman. Ughh,oh well ill go pick it up in the morning and give em a piece of my mind for signing for MY personal mail :devious:

Anywayz, I had a CFL too close to a leaf and ended up burning the end of it, besides that and the harmless algae that I will fix with h2o2 tomorrow were doing pretty darn good!

I made sure to move aside some leaves and branches to get a good pic of the main stem. Can you guys see what a bush this thing is? Lol. Also I got a pic of my setup inside and outside, I just used reflective material from HTGSUPPLY and thumb tacked it to the wall to make a room, ghetto I know but its temporary till I build a box or a tent or somethin.
    Well is official 7 more days of veg then I'm switching to flower. I can't wait :yay:

Attached Files:

19. Wassup fellow blades!?
    I went and picked up my h2o2 today!
    I mixed 1/4 cup of it with 1/4 cup of tap water and slowly poured it over my medium letting the runoff drain into a glass. While pouring the H2o2 in it was incredible, I literally watched all the green algae shit just get eaten up and just disappear. The runoff I collected in the glass was a cloudy green/brown with slimy shit in it.. I'm hoping this will pay off and by the time I get home from errands today (its my day off! Lol) I will have some new growth or something to take pics of to update this wonderful community :gc_rocks:

20. Home from my errands, now its time to sit back and relax until work tomorrow.

I flushed the STG out again with h2o2, the runoff this time was a bit clearer, still tinged green from algae but no slimy shit like before so I think I solved that problem :yay:

Also I decided after clearing up that problem that I might as well do some training because this plant has been growing so short, bushy and compact..

So I went and grabbed a pair of scissors and FIM'd my plant. I really hope I did it right, I have read all the stickies on training, LST'ing,FIM'ing, and topping so I am pretty sure this was a successful FIM. I got some pics to show you all of it cut. Feedback on how it looks is appreciated, I guess the next few days of recovery will tell us tho.

Attached Files: