first hydro attempt, how's she lookin? DWC, CFL, BAGSEED

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Nanook610, May 11, 2011.

1. [quote name='"Fungus_Amung_Us"']I used to use the technaflora recipe for success but honestly its just if not more confusing to use with all these additives and what not, i have long since switched to the sensi grow/bloom line and they work wonders, easy just a part a/b, use the same amount of both parts, very simple. I am also using big bud, bud candy, calmag, sensi ZYM(which is just a root rejuvenator), drip clean(a def must for hydro gardens, cleans up all the excess salts that get built up in the water/growing medium), and a little hydrogen peroxide. I use magic green as a foliar spray but only for my veg, once the plants enter the flowering stage i dont spray them with ANYTHING. and I usually dont ever have to adjust the ph as long as i use the exact right measurements, keep my ph around 6.3-6.4. This is just what i have dound to work for me, not facts, but i would swear up and down by the nutes that i use, ive tried, technaflora, dutchmaster gold, and general hydroponics(best out of the ones i no longer use in my opinion) but none of them have given me the nothing but good results like the Sensi line of nutes, plus taking care of my plants is probably the easiest thing in the world, i just change the water out/feed them about once a week and thats it, they completely grow themselves, and its super dank bud, not just average your average meds. Find your niche and stick with it, happy growings![/quote]

Hey I think your recipe is the easiest being a 2 part system n all.... How often did u use a pH meter or a TDS meter because I don't have one a wish I could figure a way around it for my first grow.. I ran out of funds so for right now I have a 2 part sampler from botanic are called CNS 17 grow/bloom.. Has anyone heard of this.. And very cool journal by the way I've read all like 20 pages so far.. Lol n I hate reading..lol

2. sorry for the huge gap in between grows. ive been building a growbox this last week. its basically done besides the doors and shelves on one side... im just a huge procrastinator so hopefully i will have it done and functional with some white siberian growing in it by the end of the month :p
    the guy at home depot fucked up when he cut the wood for me so the box is kinda screwy and not %100 the best but it should get the job done considering that my last grow didnt have a box or cabinet of any sort, just a hydroponic setup sitting on the floor with white plastic covering it to keep light in... very bootleg. this box will be at least a bit less ghetto... cant wait to start growing again. very excited

3. hey ChiefBB thanks for reading up on my grow. I know people get pretty nuts when it comes to their nutes and some feel more complex complicated nutrients are best to dial in all the exact needs of your plant. and im sure if you are well experienced with botany and biology and know your shit you can definately find a better food regime than the Technoflora RFS but for the level of experience i had (none) and just wanting to smoke some homegrown ganj i feel the technoflora recipeFS is your best bet.. i stole a picture off the web of the feeding chart that comes with the kit so you can see that for $35 or so you get all of the products shown with a detailed description on how to use it to maximize potential. IMO ya cant beat it [​IMG]

4. [quote name='"Nanook610"']sorry for the huge gap in between grows. ive been building a growbox this last week. its basically done besides the doors and shelves on one side... im just a huge procrastinator so hopefully i will have it done and functional with some white siberian growing in it by the end of the month :p
    the guy at home depot fucked up when he cut the wood for me so the box is kinda screwy and not %100 the best but it should get the job done considering that my last grow didnt have a box or cabinet of any sort, just a hydroponic setup sitting on the floor with white plastic covering it to keep light in... very bootleg. this box will be at least a bit less ghetto... cant wait to start growing again. very excited[/quote]

Lets see it man!

5. I'll post some pictures once I mount the doors... I still have to add lights fans and all electric stuff too. All it is right now is a frame made of 2x4's 5 walls made out of hardboard and covered in white pandafilm shit. Basic

6. i germed my white siberian seed this weekend, it sprouted from the rockwool cube yesterday and is on its first leaf set today. ill be starting a journal soon so stay tuned for the link

7. [quote name='"Nanook610"']i germed my white siberian seed this weekend, it sprouted from the rockwool cube yesterday and is on its first leaf set today. ill be starting a journal soon so stay tuned for the link[/quote]

Hey man, can't wait! Can you PM when you start the journal and i'll search for it? No internet at the moment :)

8. [quote name='"Nanook610"']i germed my white siberian seed this weekend, it sprouted from the rockwool cube yesterday and is on its first leaf set today. ill be starting a journal soon so stay tuned for the link[/quote]

saweet! iv got my two ww in flower right now, only 8 weeks to go! i cant wait to see what the fuss is about on the widow.

9. wow i just read most of this from start to finish this past hour or so (ive lost track of time it was so good) and i have to say it was nothing short of great. it was like a book with a sad second to last chapter than a happy last chapter haha. i ordered a 4 lamp 2 foot long t5 ho fluorescent light system with 2 grow and 2 bloom. it has 2000 lumens a piece for a total of 8000 lumens, all with a 6 site DWC hydro system with all the nutrients and everything. i am about to order 10 ganja dwarf lowryder seeds from amsterdam seed company and it comes with 20 free seeds that are an indoor mix ( all for 54$) the whole light and hydro system cost me 135$ i believe, 45 for the hydro with all nutes and 90 for the lights. ill be sure to post my grow journal.

10. I too am going in a bubble bucket for the first time and my growth seems to be very slow. First off I think I did not allow the cutting or clone to root enough I saw for lil roots and figured that was enough to go into the clay pellets it seems like it's maybe taking off a little but it's been in the bucket now for over two weeks and the group is very slow. I have the PPM at about 450 and the pH at 5.8 the temperature between 65 and 70 I have planted some dirt plants and they are kicking the buckets ass anyone know why the growth is so slow I'm using 600 watt

11. [quote name='"65grower"']I too am going in a bubble bucket for the first time and my growth seems to be very slow. First off I think I did not allow the cutting or clone to root enough I saw for lil roots and figured that was enough to go into the clay pellets it seems like it's maybe taking off a little but it's been in the bucket now for over two weeks and the group is very slow. I have the PPM at about 450 and the pH at 5.8 the temperature between 65 and 70 I have planted some dirt plants and they are kicking the buckets ass anyone know why the growth is so slow I'm using 600 watt[/quote]

Focusing on dropping roots into the water right now. Patience is key, once those roots get in there they should explode. Also how high is your water level?

12. Hey smokin820 thanks for the advice my water level is right at the Clay pellets meaning once I put the Clay pellets tray in the bucket the water touches the Clay pellets and guess what finally Growth I can finally after 2 1/2 weeks see growth I'm extra excited

13. [quote name='"65grower"']Hey smokin820 thanks for the advice my water level is right at the Clay pellets meaning once I put the Clay pellets tray in the bucket the water touches the Clay pellets and guess what finally Growth I can finally after 2 1/2 weeks see growth I'm extra excited[/quote]

Cool man, sometimes they start slow. I have a girl that grew like shit for 3 weeks. Every plant I had was at 14" and she was at 6". She is now 3ft just like her sisters and beautiful! Patience man! Link is in my sig if you wanna check it out

14. Yes definitely smokin820 I would love to check it out how do I link with you to see the pics

15. [quote name='"65grower"']Yes definitely smokin820 I would love to check it out how do I link with you to see the pics[/quote]

Bottom of my post is my signature. Click on my third grow link. If you are on your phone press my avatar and look under threads started :)

16. Nook, thanks so much for a great read! I'm still in my research, reading/learning process and this thread has been great... I just finished reading the Cannabis Grow Bible through a couple of times which is did much more for me than I imagined, that along with this thread has been the best combo I could have asked for. I'm in college and I share an apartment with 3 other friends so anything more than a micro-closet grow is out of question any time soon seeing as I don't want to ruin my future growing opportunities by being impatient and getting in trouble. Thanks for the wealth of info and happy growing!

17. Sorry for the lack of updates. My white syberian was doing good about 2 &1/2 weeks into veg last week but while I was at work my fiancee got paranoid because she was really high and the police were looking for somebody in our apartment complex so she spooked and flushed my little fuego bush :'(
    Needless to say when I came home on my lunch break to see an empty grow box I was livid. But shit happens and although I was getting more and more super excited to smoke some homegrown dinafem white syberian everyday it was growing , I have to accept it and just be thankful that it wasn't a real situation that I coulda gotten arrested. Fuck pot laws man, decriminalize that shit

18. Damn I got another problem though, it seems like every grow something goes wrong I think my vanilla Kush is a Herme from the pictures I've seen the other Hermes it may not be but unfortunately I can't post pics so I can't get an opinion on it but it looks like little sacks are in between the bud but the sacks are opening into flowers not seeds are the still Hermes. if they are Hermes I'm just thinking about letting them stay in they might have already pollinated my other plants if so I'll have a cross between super lemon haze and Barney's Farm vanilla Kush seems like a win-win situation Lol

19. lmao! dud pe i know its not funny, but i had a similar situation, my wife got high as fuck when i was outta town, she got paranoid, thought someone was trying to get open the bedroom door, called the cops. we had 6 cops search our house, none went into the garage were my grow cab is thank god. I asked her wtf were u thinking? one of my good friends is a cop too and he was there, he was the seargent in charge. so i think he knew not to go in the garage. crazy shit.

20. The laws must be tough in Florida. In Ohio as long as you dont have over 100 grams its just a ticket. Not even a misdemeanor. 100-500 is a misdemeanor without jail time.