First Growbox (open to suggestions)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by *BlackLavender*, Aug 30, 2009.

1. #1 *BlackLavender*, Aug 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2009
    This is my first attempt to grow, i threw this box together and need any suggestions that can be givin on what else i might need. Also i would like to know how many plants i could grow in this and whatever other underlying problems you see.

length 14'' width 12'' height 24''

[​IMG]

I put a little x box fan on top for outtake and cut out a hole about the same size for intake.

[​IMG]

put in 3 fluorescent light if i need more tell me

[​IMG]

Thats all i got goin so far so please if you have any suggestions share them with me.

2. good job on the outtake, if you can, at least have one fan blowing in for the intake, the inside should either be painted flat white or have reflective mylar line the inside. whats the wattage and flavor of your cfl's i.e.: soft white, daylight? i think you can have 2 plants going on in there, you will have to train them to be short (research LST and scrog). whats your plan for smell? nutes? grow medium? the more you share, the more we share :D

be well

Bp:cool:

3. #3 *BlackLavender*, Aug 30, 2009
    i dont know anything about light bulbs but on the back it says Helical 26w 120vac 60hz 390mA FLE 26ht3/2/SW so hopefully that helps lol also ive got some tin foil could i throw that on the inside?

4. hey man kind of a cool box ya got going there. I donno how long that cardboard i gunna last but kinda cool. But as far as the light go your going to want some 6500k cfls for veg adn then once to switch to 12/12 throw in some 2700k cfls. If i were you i would keep one 6500k just to keep a good spectrum in your box. And skip the tin foil it does more harm than good, just get some white or reflective mylar or a security blanket works to. Remeber 100 watts of light for the first plant and 50watts for every plant after that. Good luck

Happy Growing

5. Welcome to the City! :hello:

Your pics make it look like you are very handy, that will be a valuable asset on your grow. The size tells me you are looking for a (as in one) very small plant that willl give you maybe a half-ounce of yield if treated absolutely perfect. Your space is probably fine for vegging a single plant for a week or two but do you have the $ and space for a more serious flower cycle?

If you have space and a little bit of cash, say $100, then watch your local craigslist for some old highbay HPS lights while you are vegging that one plant under your CFLs...

Anyway you go, GL!

6. found some photo paper its kinda hard and shiny dunno if its as good as mylar but i popped it in there i think it should work but if thats just rediculous say somethin lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. #7 SmokinTrichs, Aug 30, 2009
    The last letters from your bulbs seem to indicate SW - soft white? 2700k?
    You will know if you turn them on and they are yellow versus white light.
    Get some "daylight" 27w 6500K GE bulbs from walmart. Blue box two pack. +-$8
    Use the bulbs you have now when it's time to flower.
    Use the "daylight" bulbs when it's time to "veg" (grow) the plant larger before flowering (like now).

The cord /socket assembly you have going should work.
    The plants gotta be humid. Don't let your box get wet at all. Get a temp/humidity gauge from walmart while you are there for the daylight bulbs. You'll only drop like $20 on both.

The cup will work until the plant is 10" or so. Put lots of drain holes in the bottom and set it on a dish so water doesn't build up and get moldy in there. You need good drainage.

You can also grab a cheap 6" wall plug fan from walmart for an inlet/bottom/wind fan to stir up air and keep the plants "dancing". Total for your box accessories just went up to $26.

8. #8 *BlackLavender*, Aug 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2009
    i found this little pencil holder thing laying around that fits perfectly over my outtake i was just wondering if i wrapped it with fabric softeners and stuck it over my outtake would it keep the smell from escaping? Also would it stress the fan at all and burn it up? Just thought this might be cheaper than getting a carbon filter or something lol

[​IMG]

heres what i was thinking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i was gunna just wrap fabric softener around it with a rubber band and theres my ghetto idea lol

9. #9 *BlackLavender*, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
    Ok well ive been tryin to totally stealth out my box seeing as i live with my mom and she prolly wouldnt be to thrilled if she found this thing.

My intake hole was letting a lot of light escape and was pretty much lightin up my closet like the 4th of july.

[​IMG]

Soooo i made this lil cardboard elbow outa a Arm & Hammer box and laced the inside with some black cloth.

[​IMG]

Walla!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well i think im almost finished with my box but i dont have any more mula lol so im gunna have to scrounge some more money up for a little oscillating fan or a couple computer fans for some more circulation. Ive already got my seeds and soil so hopefully within the next month or so ill update some more pics of the progress. :)

10. well folks..... sry didnt get to update more pics. Had a seedling just sprout and the old madre happened to look into the closet today and discovered my grow box. I had to throw all my shit away and my baby is sitting in a trash bag in the garage :( sucks balls but luckily she didnt find the 3 empty bottles stashed in there too lmao ALL that work for nothing!