Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

First grow!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by kman543, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Hello all!
    Finally after a month of waiting for an electrician to come out and install some outlets I made it.
    The run down....
    - 2 4x4 tents
    - veg tent, 6 plants total. Super lemon haze x2, Blue cheese x2, Strawberry diesel x2.
    - flood and drain tray with Lucas formula.
    - veg * 9cfl bulbs
    - flower * 1 600 watt hps
    Not running any ventilation in the veg, maybe a little fan to keep the air moving around. The flower tent will have the scrubber/inline fan venting to the attic.

55 gallon Rez for flower, ebb and flow system. Might only take the top 3 from veg to flower due to space.

Wish me luck! Will keep updates coming.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. So a little over 2 weeks into veg from clone.
    The babes are looking pretty stellar (at least I think)
    Thought I had bugs, now I’m just chalking it up to a ph issue.

Gonna have to flower at 1.5 feet due to space. Hoping around 2 more weeks.

Here’s some pics!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Those look like shit. I’ll get some fresh ones up when the lights flick back on

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Were ya living the Amish life before??:love-m3j:

Welcome to the boards....and to growing....LOTS of good people and info here!

Happy Growing:passing-joint:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Hah! No I just have 0 experience in installing anything electrical related so I didn’t want to wing it.

Ebb and flow + Lucas formula are kicking ass!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Updated pics

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Just a suggestion......but I would start LST training them....those could pull down easy.....just my -02

8. I did just top them the other day! Possibly thinking of a scrog. Not sure if it’s too late for that?

9. I was thinking more like pullin em to the side and tyin em down.........

The plants normally grow into the SCROG...but you can throw one up there now...make it like half as tall as the plant and tuck those :ladiegaga:under it.......my .02

10. Not sure how I’ll tie with them in the rockwool. I’m transferring to 5 gallon buckets with hydroton for flower. Maybe I can just put em in the buckets now and veg under my 600 w hps?

• Like Like x 1
  11. IMO........Absolutely!!

As "flimsy" as they are right now....you could just tie like a 2 oz weight towards the top and lean it over.....but as it get stronger...you are going to have to heavy the weight or tie it to something else

12. So at my first attempt to do a little bit of lst I may have accidentally super cropped one of my plants...... or totally killed it.

Let me know if the LST looks good, and thoughts on the broken stem. Thanks all!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Good training..........that broken stem.....you need to untie it...if it's tied up.....and "stint it" back together...a toothpick or old stem or something like that and tape.....thats what I would do

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I don't know if I would put a little piece of tape on that bend or just let it ride but I kinda think it will be ok. No pro by no means

Sent from my 5041C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I thought about putting a little bit of twine around it to hold it up? So many options. Damnit! That was my best looking one lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Also I'm new to indoor but as flimsy as they look outdoors I been known to cut my plants in half lol

Sent from my 5041C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I'm positive someone with more experience will come along and give you better advice.

18. As far as the break though i think it will be fine

19. Did this. Trial and error I suppose

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Looks ok