First Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Old school head, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Hey everyone,

This is going to be my first grow! and i'm pumped. Oklahoma just voted in legalized medical marijuana. I've only been waiting for 53 years.... I'm going to use this as a journal and hopefully you pro's can help me along. I just got my tent set up and everything installed. I am going to run 4 plants on this grow 2-white widow and 2- Blue berry Kush. I appreciate all the help in advance. Bud Out!!

Equipment: Apollo Horticulture 5x5x7 tent, Sun Sytems Yield Master air cooled light, 400W MH for start to Flowering, 600W HPS for flowering, 6" inline fan 442cfm and carbon filter then all the other extras fans and such. I've been monitoring the tent running evererything to make sure it's working right. Keep having trouble with my damn timer though....

My RH is staying at 45% but it's been as low 32%. This is during the day phase and night phase.
    Temp is staying at 71-76 degrees.

I'll be adding pics as I grow along...

Attached Files:

2. Nice setup man. Keep reading about plant training and defoliation to increase yields.

Your light isn’t strong enough to fill the tent, so concentrate on a 4x3 footprint and you’ll be good. Another 600 watt HPS and you could fill it.

I’ll follow along, welcome to GC brother!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Soil2Coco, Thank you for the advice and responce. The info for the lighting is exactly what i'm looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'd go 1000w for lighting. I have 1000w in my 4×4×6.5 and I think it's perfect. Definitely gets warm, but my setup is in a garage without HVAC.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. Thanks ButterDiesel.... Mine is also set up in the garage without HVAC.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hiya mate, Oklahoma definitely a dry state. Never had allergies my whole life. I move to Oklahoma for 3 years, and I have take an allergy pill once a day now, bah, lmao. Nice to get legslilegali there though, I was honestly shocked .When. I read it online. I like you forward setup, I won't comment on lights and all that myself. I'm currently in my first grow, and consider myself to green to offer unasked for advice. Anywho, what made you choose white widow? I researched strains to grow, and felt it matched my medicinal needs and mental needs perfectly! Where I got my seeds online. It's buy 10 white widow feminised seeds get 10 feminised seeds free. I grabbed that up. Plus, I chose the seed bank off my research, I did. Sorry this has gone on long. Here are my three girls. They're about to hit week 3 flower tomorrow morning! IMG_20181012_202919.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. They look great! I chose WW for day time, if I wanna get something done I can on it and it motivates me. I usually partake at night only for sleep but I think I'll like this for daytime pickup. I got some Purple Kush for insomnia, I hope it works.

8. Nice, I would of liked something for just insomnia, but I put all money in one seed lol, literally. My next strain will be Skywalker OG I think, but there's still much more research to do!!! With this being my first time growing anything lol, I'm learning something new every day! Are you an experienced grower then mate? I like that I'm going to know what went into my smoke, and most importantly. What strain it actually is. I always ask, but the fuckers always act dumb, or are dumb haha. IMG_20181012_214457.jpg IMG_20181012_201603.jpg IMG_20181012_201529.jpg IMG_20181003_235051-01.jpeg

Fuck marrying a black widow. When you can smoke the White Widow!

9. Put 2 White Widow seeds and 2 Purple Kush seeds in glass of water at 10:30 last night (10-13-18), 0930 (10-14-18) seeds have sunk to bottom of glasses (11hrs). I used tap water adjusted to 6pH, put on a heating pad set to low, covered with a blanket. I attached a couple of pics. Pics are at (11:51 cst 10-14-18).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Is sinking to the bottom what you want? I saw soak in glass as an option, but read use fingers or tweezers and said fuck that. I have nerve damage in my dominate shoulder and have involuntary twitches whenever it decided to happen. It's frequently enough for me to not fix germination that way lol. Good luck!

11. From all the research and help I've gotten you have to wait till they sink, usually 6-24 hours then remove them put on wet paper towl, put in a ziploc, blow some air in it then put someplace warm and wait on the tap root to grow out. That's to the best of my very limited knowledge.

12. Well this morning I removed from the water and started the paper towl method. The beans spent 32 hrs in water a little longer than recommended (though I've seen where others germinate in the glass only). I changed them to the paper towl at 0630 (10-15-18). A couple of pics after the transfer (not very good). I'm going to check when I get home this evening.

Attached Files:

13. Right there with you! This morning temp was 68' with RH of 38% in the tent. Temp here was 38' outside. Glad to see another Okie in here.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sorry, if this isn't helpful for you, but this helped me to start with. The only thing you need. That you might not have. Is a clip on fan of some type. I used one that clipped on, or changed to just stand on the floor. It raised my humidity on avg about 5% over what I'd have without it. Another option is to humidify the air you get you intake air from. Unless it comes straight from the outside of course. The one is a cheap way of a bowl and sponge. Sponge evaporates on top of water and humidified air a bit. Sponge replenishes water as it air dries. Then, there is the towel, hangar, and tray of water, with a fan. As the picture shows. Put fan on towel to dry/humidify the air a bit, and the towel, provides a wider area to humidify. Hope this helps some. Sorry if it doesn't. IMG_20180829_165342.jpg IMG_20180829_190056.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Definitely, you can always use a spray bottle, and spray the sides of your walls of your grow tent/room. If they're water proof that is. I also did this when it really needed a quick jump in humidity, and would spray enough on the ground to create some puddles!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Got 2 beans in the ground tonight, 2 still percolating. Had to add a little water but it was distilled all I had. I put out 5 gal of water in the garage to breathe and will get my pH meter calibrated tomorrow. I hate the feeling like I’m missing something or .......

19. do you have odor filtration? following.

20. Yes, I do. I think I posted a pic in this thread.

• Like Like x 1