First Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Johnjohnjr, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Planted July 12 2017, first Grow so doing this in hopes of a little guidance ,currently in nature's care soil,using tap water, will be outside for a couple of weeks until I get my lights setup .in the meantime will keep pics updated ,thanks in advance ! 1500152545549211930310.jpg 1500152545549211930310.jpg

2. What strain

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

3. Nothing special ,just some seeds I got from my bag .

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'd recommend starting a few more... I started 4 my first grow and all 4 turned out male... make it worse I've never had a bagseed show preflowers before flip. Though you can always take a cutting off when it's big enough and flip the cutting to 12/12.

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

5. Will have too do ,as a matter of fact I'll start the germination process now.

• Like Like x 1

6. You saying a cutting from a male plant become female?..

Edit: scrap that, can't stone and think :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sounds good it's a coin toss type situation... my second grow it was a 50/50 1 male 1 female... plus the fem seed I grew for backup... however once you find a female you like you can take cuttings off of her so you won't have to be unsure again as the clones will be exactly like the mother... that's what I'm doing with my special queen so I don't have to buy anymore fem seeds.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've got another one but im not sure if it's gunna make it

9. 1500154488039-860389883.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. It should be fine... did the seed shell get stuck on the plant? That's what it looks like which happens from time to time but it by no means looks like it won't make it just give it a few days.

Hey as they do stretch you may want to fill up those solo cups with soil to support the weak stem... and if it gets even more stretchy just bury some of the stem when you transplant to a pot.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gunna have too grab some soil asap ...any suggestions on my watering ? ..been kinda hot outside.

Sent from my Z981 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I'd recommend looking for some fox farms soil locally their website has a store locator on it. As for the waterings you just want the cup relatively light. Whenever I'm getting the hang of when to water I prefer to fill a solo cup up with soil out of the bag as a reference for dry weight.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Day 5 in nature's care soil ,any recommendations on Nutes ? When should I start getting the soil ready for the rest of its grow ?

Seed1
    [​IMG]

Seed2
    [​IMG]

14. I always transplant when the leaves are as wide as the solo cup

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks bud !

• Like Like x 1
  16. I'd personally wait a couple more weeks before transplanting. You really won't those roots to grab hold of that soil so it doesn't fall apart when you take it out of the cup. You also want it to be a tad moist not bone dry so it's not all dusty but dry enough you can water after the transplant... I personally go from a solo cup to a 2-3 gallon pot to a 5 gallon bucket... you can use fabric pots air pots buckets or whatever you like. But spreading out the transplant also gives the plants a recharge of nutes instead of switching to bottled nutes to soon.

If you go on my journal and look at my recent picture I took of the plant in the solo cup that's around the size I let mine get before I transplant sometimes I'll do it a bit sooner butttt anyhow... I'll be putting that baby in a pot today haha.

• Like Like x 1
  17. What are your recommendations on
    Nutes ,I've never used them before ....

18. I personally use dyna gro... for no other reason than price lol. it's concentrated so it lasts a long time and I ordered their solutions preview pack so I got almost a hundred bucks worth of nutes for 30 bucks... those nutes will last me grow after grow... however as I said early with the right transplants you could get away with not feeding nutes until a good bit into the grow... you could very well get by with nutes that are 2-4-4 ratio of npk and maybe a bottle without any N just incase you have nitro claw or something while getting deficiencies.

Everyone has their favorite brand.. dyna gro is salt based so if you want to go organic it wouldn't be the way to go... some people like fox farms line of nutes.. that's what I was considering at first until o switched up to dyna the last minute. Like I said it just came down to 1-2 bottles or 5-6 bottles

19. Eh that would work but you could get a better deal if you email them directly... I'll screenshot the convo I had in a minute gotta find it

• Like Like x 1