First Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BeantownHaze, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting and my first time growing. Started my germination of Blue Dream, Pineapple Express, and Big Kush last Tuesday (20th) and planted that Friday the 23rd.

[​IMG]

Growing in a 4x2x6.5 ft tent, 600 watt HPS. Currently on an 18-6 light cycle. Started my grow in red solo cups and so far here's what I have going 5 days into the grow

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll post a picture of my Pineapple Express which I'm somewhat worried about. Leaves have sprouted and are out of the dirt but the stem is not growing or pushing higher.

Anyways, just want an opinion on how my plants look so far and any tips going forward. Whether I should top, any growing techniques for max yield, etc. Really appreciate any insight!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Here's the photos of my Pineapple Express, looks better than yesterday but what's everyone think? It's been 6 days since planting and stem still isn't growing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. It's a little behind for 6 days but nothing to worry about. Let the soil dry out properly between waterings. Wet soil slows growth. Why do you want the stem to grow? The stem will get longer with every new pair of leaves. The part of the stem that's under the first set of leaves won't really get any longer now. How come you only half filled the pot with soil? I fill mine up to the top

• Like Like x 1
  4. Obviously fill the bottom of the cup up, not the top if I were to do so...but at this point should I? It looks like there's not much soil in the cup with the smaller plant but it's a cup within a cup, inside cup is cut so I can easily transport it afterwards when the time comes. It doesn't reach all the way to the bottom of the outside cup so there's probably another 4 inches below with more soil so I think that's why it looks a little low

5. Just be patient, it's growing below the soil, much more important then what's going on above the ground right now. Let it dry out real good so those roots stretch out in search of water, once the roots get a good establishment in the cup you'll see more upward growth. Most common problem for new growers is overwatering, if you think it's dry, it's probably not, the top could be dry but could still be moist at the bottom, go an extra day.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I wouldn't worry about it now, but I'd be looking to transplant it to a proper pot when a couple of the leaves touch the sides of the cup, or reach out past the rim of the cup if it's tall enough at that point. Is the soil able to freely drain?

7. Yes! I've cut small holes in the bottom of the outside cup so that the soil can properly drain!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Plants look good! just make sure you have holes in the bottom as well. double cup the solo cup that's in the last picture. when you give water use a spray bottle just keep the soil moist, you don't want your soil saturated this early. Let it dry out before giving water again. once you repot then you could top her but it's to soon now.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Awesome! Thanks. I'll post some new pics tomorrow. 2nd set of leaves is starting to sprout

• Like Like x 1
  10. once they start streching abit and becoming abit lanky add more soil round the stem to the top of the cup will make them sturdy and the part of the stem you cover will eventually start rooting

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Any tips on training the plant how to grow? Chicken wire, etc.?

12. Water tips? PH level? Tap, spring. Should I be training the plants how to grow via chicken wire or anything else?

13. Jesus man, it's only a few days old, just let it grow lol. No need for any training yet. Is your tap water drinkable? If so it's probably fine. Let the soil dry out properly before watering

• Like Like x 1
  14. Haha didn't plan on training them yet, just looking down the road. And yup tap is drinkable. I've been using Poland springs water since day 1. Been about a day or so since watering. Will check tomorrow and see how the soil is doing. What is you're indication of time to water. Really appreciate all the help

• Like Like x 1
  15. It could be a couple of days, it could be a week. There are too many variables to make an educated guess, but if I were to take a wild stab at it I'd probably say 3 or 4 days

The plant isn't going to draw up any measurable amount of water, it will be the fans and lights which dry it out

16. Got it man, got one fan blowing with the 18-6 light cycle. Do you use nutrients at all? If so when should I start

• Like Like x 1
  17. You took the words right outta my mouth Gold! I was getting ready to say just let her grow until I seen your post. I hope his water is drinkable I don't think he's in Mexico lol Good one

You'll be okay Man! Just listen to what is said and read up! You could read this there's good information on here from germination to harvest!Grow Weed Easy - Learn How to Grow Cannabis Btw: what kind of soil or are you using? your plants will feed off the soil for 4 to 5 weeks then once you repot your plants will still be feeding off the soil so you won't need nutrients for couple weeks.
    Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks!! I'm using a brand called Michigan something soil. Highly recommended by my local grow shop. I wanna say it's called Michigans Best or Own? Can't remember I'll have to check when I'm home

• Like Like x 2