First grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Marypaysmybills, Jan 19, 2014.

1. So let me start by saying I think I know what I'm doing, but really I have no idea..

I'm moving to Colorado in July and for obvious reasons. I'm planning on having no life for my first few years other than growing. I've done a good bit of reading up here and searching around getting a lot of mixed answers. Most all of questions were answered fairly easily. What I'd like to know is how possible is this "dream" of mine or will it quickly turn to a nightmare. I want to grow. Fatttttttty.

So some questions I have probably easily answered with a "yes"or "you're crazy" but it doesn't hurt to ask.

First of all, when cloning, is it possible to be cropping every week? For instance, if I had my grow in 3 sections. The new clones, taller clones, then flowering for two. Moving each up to the next step every week. So my clones would be in veg for two weeks, flowering for two also. Is this possible?

So if that is possible, how much space would I need to do all of this? I'm getting my own house minimum two bedroom but I'll have a garage and/a basement so I'll have a decent amount of space.

Now for the real question of mine. After everything is started and running smoothly, how hard would it be to crop a pound every week. That's where I'd like to begin at after a few months of perfecting what I start with.

Also I'd like to know if this is something I could do in a couple of grow tents, each for the separate steps. How many watts I should be using for each step of the way. And how realistic is this plan of mine.

Any sort of constructive criticism would help out a lot. I look forward to getting some good answers and hopefully the help I need to turn my idea to reality. Thanks and stay up!!

I should probably mention, money isn't too tight. But I'm trying to stay under 2k to star with.(if that's even realistic to what I'm asking)

2. Nobody? Not even some hate?

3. You're talking about a large grow, costs can vary greatly. It's like asking how much does it cost to build a 2500sq ft house.... depends on what you put in it.

I designed a 4kw soil grow for a friend, cost $2500 with top-notch equipment and NO co2, hydro, tents, or a/c. You can spend a lot more or a lot less, swap out this for that, that for this. Lot of research and decision-making goes into it.

4. Flowering of any kind takes @ minimum 8-12weeksSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Very incorrect.

6. Yeah after doing a lot more research I realized how long it was going to take to get someone decent colas. I've grow twice before, nothing serious. One outdoor and one little closet cfl. I get what you guys are saying tho and thanks.

I'm also looking into doing a SOG. Does this complicate things more?