First grow!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ganjagrower327, Mar 17, 2012.

1. My light is 16 inches from the tops of the plants.

2. Here I am again with more pictures guys. I wanna make sure to keep everyone entertained :D

I posted my transplant pics acouple days ago and they have certainly brightened up since then and growth has boosted in both the roots organic and FFOF soils.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. How much do you think I should water guys? I get the idea of how often (I stick my finger 1 or 2 inches down and if its moist I hold off) but I need to know how much. Right now im giving them 1 quart of water each. 2 quarts makes it drain out the bottom. So what do you guys think? Please help!

4. always water untill you get runoff, with the plants only being small for that sized pot, they shouldn't require that much, once the roots have filled out it should be around every 3 days, lift the pot when you've watered to fell the weight, then start lifting everyday and when they feel light its time to water again.

5. #25 ganjagrower327, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
    Got a quick little update pic for you guys.

[​IMG]

I also just started foliar feeding. Do you think that 1 ml of general hydro's floragro into a 1 quart spray bottle is too much?

I wont feed the roots until 1 or 2 weeks from now, after the nutes in the soil have worn off.

Thanks for the tip bjjer, ill do that next watering.

6. I think I went and over watered my plants guys :(. They are drooping pretty bad. Ive only been watering like once every 4 days, looks like im only gonna be watering like once a week. I think they will be okay.....

7. I topped the plants today. Today is their 3 week birthday and I thought it would be appropriate lol. I topped most of them right above the fourth node, but I think I topped two plants at the fifth and one at the sixth. This is fine, right guys?

Ill try to grab some pics tomorrow

8. Ok guys here they are at 22 days.

[​IMG]

9. looking nice! they will start taking off now, they should have a good root system going, also because you've topped them they will get nice and bushy i would veg to no less than 18 inches,

10. How long do you think it will take to get them to 18 inches? I was hoping to start flowering at week 5 if possible. But if you think ill get a bigger yeild I can wait another week if needed :smoke:

11. WOW, just took a look at my temps and the grow room is up to 89 degrees....think ill be ok?

12. That is pretty hot, growth starts to slow down to a crawl at those temps.....I try and stay below 80 at all times. As for veg time to 18", this will be highly strain/condition specific, im on my first grow and my northern lights took 5 weeks to get that high while some hybrid strains in my garden were at 28" after 3-3.5 weeks.

13. not sure from seed but from clone its normally 4 weeks, like above said depends on strain, if you veg to around the 18 inches you should have no problem pulling 10-13 oz, as long as every thing goes ok.

14. #34 ganjagrower327, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
    Excellent news. I just don't know why my grow room is hot all of a sudden. Its no hotter than it was the day before as far as outside temps go, and its usually 75-80 in there. I think im going to move my ballast outside of the room? Would that help a little bit?

And btw guys these aren't from feminized seeds, so im sure 2 or 3 are going to be male....I hope not more than 3...

15. #35 HispanicPanic, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
    Ya those hps lights put out a decent amount of heat. For your next grow i recommend using a T5 light (veg) if youve heard of them which im sure you have. I am using one in my 5x5x7ft tent and it keeps temp at an average of 75 degrees. Im curious, i didnt read all the posts but what is your average humidity at? Also what you may want to do is possibly crank up the fan a little bit..unless it has only one speed. If thats the case which most only have one speed go to a grow supply shop and get a speed dialer for your fan. Will control the amps going into the fan...allowing a fully adjustable control for speed. Check your air coming into the room. Maybe add a small ac unit for temp.

i got a grow thread as well. check it out. http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1028153-hispanicpanics-frist-grow-pics.html

i have not setup my flower tent btw. will be up in a couple weeks

16. Those ballasts put out quite a bit of heat, moving it outside your grow area will definitely help with temps. As the above poster mentioned, increasing the exhaust ventilation will also help. I have a similar setup and have my lights running at night when the ambient temperature in the house is 3-4 degrees cooler, this helps keep temps in the sweet zone, maybe this could help you too?

17. Just went and reread your setup, I'm surprised you are having temp issues with an aircooled hood. My house temps are the same and I never get over 80 degrees at the canopy, 12" beneath my light, the rest of my tent stays at 73-5 and my 6" vortex is only running at 50%....sounds like you just have to increase the air flow through your hood to get temps down a bit. Increasing your ventilation will decrease humidity, so you may have to buy a little humidifier to keep humidity in the 40-60 % range recommended for veg. I had to do this, but a $25 Walmart humidifier did the trick nicely.

18. [quote name='"ShovaBlaster"']That is pretty hot, growth starts to slow down to a crawl at those temps.....I try and stay below 80 at all times. As for veg time to 18", this will be highly strain/condition specific, im on my first grow and my northern lights took 5 weeks to get that high while some hybrid strains in my garden were at 28" after 3-3.5 weeks.[/quote]

Snap! My northern lights is nearly double my super at 3 weeks and 4 days.

image-3253295150.jpg

19. Height difference likely due to lighting, looks like you have cfl's going there. I vegged under 600w MH so had double the nodes at that height with zero stretch due to all the light they got. Plants under cfl's will always be taller in the early stages as they stretch more for the light and will have larger internodal distance.

20. Yeah my plants are short for their age (like 7 inches at 4 weeks) but they have so many nodes right now because of the MH

I moved the ballast to the outside and now the temp is at 83. I can live with that, but the door is wide open and the light has only been on for an hour...