First Grow Worries Plz Check it out!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by gdaddypurp21, Feb 17, 2010.

1. I'm wondering what would cause the yellowing you see on the young leaves. I believe the brown spot on the one plant is a heat burn from a water droplet sitting there under the lights (may be wrong lemme know) But the yellowing... For full details on lighting specs ventilation etc... hop over to my grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/550937-first-grow-bagseed-cfl.html#post6789883 Could it be a sulfur dificiency? Any help suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated!!!

Attached Files:

2. What's your PH?

3. All that information is detailed in my grow journal I didn't find it neccessary to rewrite it all, but to answer your question it's 6.7

4. your asking the questions why should anyone read your journal?:devious:

5. I didn't ask anyone to read my journal, simply if they wished to know more than what was written here, then they could find the information they seek within my grow journal.

6. More then likely it is nute burn from that miracle grow (its organic brand does have some nutes but I have heard that it is mild enough not to burn as well)...I notcied you said you had some other ferts...have you been feeding it already?

7. I have the miracle gro organic choice line of soil and I have a generic 20-20-20 fert, I used 1/16 of a teaspoon of ferts + 3/4 tbsp of epsom salt to 1/2 gallon of water on Feb. 13th (i think I mistyped that date in my journal) and they looked fine, this didn't happen until about 3 days ago. I fed Superthrive 1/4 teaspoon to 1/2 gallon of water yesterday, and I noticed a nice growth spurt about 1/2 inch on each plant (not sure if plants have growth spurts, or if it was the superthrive but man they showed increased growth afterwards) I also bought a Ph / Nutrient tester and my Ph as said was 6.7 and my fert level was bouncing inbetween "too low" and "ideal"

8. sometimes new emerging leaves can start light colored but as they fully develop they will become their natural deep green. just keep an eye on them and lay off the nutes for a few weeks.

9. Will do man, thank you.

10. #10 paint_u_dgt, Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2010
    I think I have answered this question already but...

YOUR KILLING YOUR PLANTS WITH FERTS AND MIRACLE GROW!!!!
    Not to mention that 1/4 tsp of superthrive to 1/2 gal of water is way, way, way, to much..

They are to young to fertilize and the miracle grow it to hot. Thats why they are nutrient burned.

BTW You have like 5 threads on this one grow. STOP MESSING WITH YOUR PLANTS AND GIVE THEM FRESH WATER ONLY (300-400 ml every 3-4 days) FOR THE NEXT TWO-THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU are killing them!

11. I'm well aware of miracle gro's potential to be hot. I'm well aware of infestations, drainage problems, nutrient content being to low/to high/ to much slow release. The nearest fox farms retailer is 150 miles away... my taxes come in someitme within the week and at that time I will get that soil. Now pertaining to your thoughts on my threads... 1) my grow journals is my journal... and it's just that a journal where I will log make comments and post as much as i please because the purpose of science... and yes that is what this is... is to collect store maintain and use as much information on the group/case study and all my data will be posted on there... 2) I have a sick plant thread because I'm assuming the expertise in which I sought for my sick plants would be compiled in the heads of all those that monitor that thread.... 3) I made a beginners thread (and granted it may be overkill, but I wanted some of the thoughts and opinions from the newcomers to this sight and where else better than that thread...

12. Now back to the point at hand.... In this PARTICULAR grow... My Ph meter is reading a 6.7 reading and an inbetween ideal and too low in the nutrient reading... AGAIN I'm a first time grower and user of these instruments but I'm basing all I have off those readings... Now granted i may have a faulty gauge " it was a 20$ ferry & morse Ph tester.." but that is the only concrete information I have to go on... now if you would like to break it down as to what nutrients could possibly be too high and maybe so viable substitutions or perhaps some constructive critisism (sp?) I'd be happy to talk to you on a civil level... I'm just looking for help man, cut me some slack and stop accusing me of possible murder.

13. There is a simple fact that you seem to be missing here bro...

The Miracle grow is to strong for your plants and it is killing them. Your using fertilizers on seedling, and mixing your supplements way to strong.

So basically you are killing them....

Not trying to be a dick man just trying to help. But, you gotta understand everytime somone posts on one of your three threads it pushes someone else out of line for an answer even though your question has been answered already.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest is also to strong for plants that young unless flushed or mixed with a soiless mix such as Light Warrior.

Those are the facts bud not a matter of opinion. Thats the reason the experienced growers aren't blowing up your threads. Research a little and you'll find all of the answers you seek.

14. I really dont get it dude...

If I tell you that your ph is is fucked up (even though ph has nothing to do with the problems your having) will that satisfy you.

Your freakin plants are seedling MAN they cant handle fertilizers yet....so there is no pont in asking "break it down as to what nutrients could possibly be too high" because any amount of nutrients is to high at this point.

I noticed from the last post you have a $20 ph stick meter the best way to get a good, accurate reading on those things is to take them outside, clean them thouroghly, and throw it as far a you can cause they are shit. Get yourself a good meter or some litmus paper cause that thing is screwin' ya.

15. He is telling you the truth man.. You are over feeding those little plants. That ph meter isn't worth your time especially if you are using it to measure nutrient level? Not really sure about that but if you really wanna do that you need to get a PPM meter. You need to flush and just lay of the ferts...they will grow in their own time. Have some patients I had a hard time with this early on in my first grow as well

16. I wasn't trying to seem rude either, forgive me. I was just giving you the ground facts i have. Yes I understand that the nutrient content is too strong and maybe what i said came off misunderstood. I was unaware of the poor quality of my Ph meter and simply was basing the nutrient feedings off those readings ... in the begining the nutrient content displayed "too Low" so I fed the most minute feeding i could 1/16 of a teaspoon. I also was unaware of SuperThrive and just basing my dosage off the other posts I can't remember the original posters but those posts are on here somewhere and I used only what they and the SuperThrive bottle said. I'm not trying to push everyones posts out of the way I'm only posting (except on grow journal) when there is a need to reply and with that said this will be last post unless there are other posts to address in the future thank you for all the help and I aplogize for any misunderstanding or anything i said they might have come off as rude.

17. Jesus man they tell you whats wrong and you want more??? You pH is suppose to be 5.5-6.5 so your high. Your using crappy soil but it would prob work if you werent adding nutrients also. You say your new but your unwilling to accept advice. I would explain more but its a waste of time so GL on your own.