first grow! what would you do next??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fatalsmoke, Nov 23, 2012.

1. #1 fatalsmoke, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
    what's up GS
    I started my first grow ever and I figured I would make a grow journal, to help keep track my grow and possibly help someone else in the process.. my set up consist of 4 by 4 tent, 400w mh/hps light a fan and 4 clones. my goal is for a deep water system.
    the clones are from my dispensary and are about a month old. I've had them for about a week and aren't looking as good as I hoped.
    • a few leaves have yellow tips they came like that.
    • some of the lower leaves are starting to look droopy!? is there an obvious reason why?
    •the PH was off on all four.

so thanks to olde school I was able to flush them and get them back to around 6.0.
    they came in rockwool cubes and I added perlite.. what else do I need as far as a grow medium?.
    I can't decide what my next move should be?
    do I transplant them into my homemade deep water system?
    or do I wait for them to get healthier, and if so how do I do that? what would you do to achieve a good harvest?
    also how often should I water them in this rockwool perlite combo?

any and all advice, criticism and input is welcome as I'm here to learn..
    thanks

2. more details on the system? might be something i want to try

3. here some pics

ForumRunner_20121122_153919.png

ForumRunner_20121122_153919.png

ForumRunner_20121122_153825.png

Attached Files:

4. [quote name='"sodope28"']more details on the system? might be something i want to try[/quote]

it's a simple 22 gallon tote from Home Depot and 4 6inch net pots.. with an air pump and an airstone.. that's pretty much it. I could send you the links of where I Learned it from, it's pretty simple..

5. #6 fatalsmoke, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
    [quote name='"Greentrails"']bubble buckets dude, http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/121335-lets-build-bubble-bucket-%2Astep-step%2A.html

easiest way to get growing, do a simple transplant into some hydroton or diatomaceous earth and get them bubbles goin! :metal:[/quote]

thanks for the advice..question though..
    in this setup would i need 4 air pumps? the pump i have is rated for 40 gallons. what do you think about having one pump for all four buckets?
    would a few T fittings work?
    this is currently what i have..

ForumRunner_20121122_200113.png

thanks again..

Attached Files:

6. I always ran separate 5 gal buckets.

The more bubbles the better, I had two pumps running one bucket! I'd try for two pumps if you can. The tote will work unless your running diff strains which could make it hard to administer nutes according to what the plants are telling you.

7. small update--
    I transferred the clones into my tote on Thursday with some clay pellets like greentrails suggested..thanks by the way, I'm learning everyday lol.
    do my new concern is root root!! my reservoir temps stay around 68 to 75! from my research i've read that i can use beneficial bacterias to prevent algae, root rot and all other unwanted bacteria? is this correct? if so wich ones.. I read about a guy making his own solution using pool cleaner. but I can't find the damn thred again.. anyway like always comments are always welcome.. here some pics

Attached Files:

8. #9 fatalsmoke, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
    week 4
    noting really to update..just some pics

ForumRunner_20121209_170428.png

ForumRunner_20121209_170342.png

i did have one worry today though...does this look like powder mold?
    not sure of you can see it.
    it looks like little hairs on the stem?
    what do you guys think?
    i'm i just paranoid lol
    ForumRunner_20121209_170546.png

9. more pics

Attached Files: