First grow. What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 420n406, Dec 15, 2010.

1. What's up guys. I have some seeds on the way but in the mean time my buddy and I decided to drop in some seeds that we have saved from good smoke that we have had and we had 10 pop, now we can just hope for some females ;). Right now they are under a 1000w T5 with the ligth about 12" above the plants, they are in Fox Farm "Little Warrior" soil. They are on just water and have been in soil for 7 days now. They temp at the plant is between 75-79 and the humidity is 45-50%. My only concern is watering. How can I tell if I'm over/under doing it? Thanks guys

P1010380.JPG

P1010383.JPG

P1010393.JPG

P1010392.JPG

P1010394.JPG

2. They look really good so far imo. You might want to try and set the light a lil closer (depending on how hot the lamp is) to avoid them stretching which will make them weak.

And imo i think that when they are just starting to get their roots its good to let the medium dry up some what so the roots have to "look" for the water. So i'd say water every other day or every two days for now. Check the top inch or so of soil to see if its dry thats usually a good sign. Good luck.

3. You have 18 T5 bulbs total? (54w * 18.5 = 1000w) or did you mean a 1000w HPS?

4. Thanks! I have tried to get it closer but I can't seem to get it there without the temp on the plants jumping above 80. I should be worried about that right? Thanks, I'm getting the water figured out I think by researching it more.

Sorry I'm a retard. I was thinking of the 1000w HPS they will go under when they go to veg. They are under a T5 that has (8) 54w bulbs in it

5. You can get pretty close with flouros. I have had my grows around 80-85 at 30-40% relative humidity. And around 70 deg when the lights are off.

So you should be good at that temp. Just make sure that your plants aren't too hot. 4-6 inches is good. Imo (and im sure most others) that having a short bushy seedling is optimal.

6. Thanks for the input Jenner!