First grow week 4 600w (Unknown clones)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by michaelcola192, Jan 13, 2013.

1. #1 michaelcola192, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
    **WEEK 4 FLOWERING** (forgot to say in title...)

Using house and garden soil a+b, black strap molasses, MOAB, true blooms foliage spray, ph 6.1... (What should my ph be?) seems to be doing fine

Temperature 70-72 lights on 60-65 lights out

Humidity 55%

4" can fan (intake)

6" max fan (exhaust)

2x4x6 amazon tent

600w hps w/ ducted hood

Three 7 gallon smart pots

Two 1 gallon smart pots

5 plants in total (3 big unknown clones) (2 jack herrer bag seed)

Anything else please feel free to ask probably forgot something...

image (16).jpg

image (18).jpg

image (19).jpg

dont know how to turn images either... :(

2. more Pics tonight when lights are on

3. Decent start. One obvious concern I have right off the bat:

Also, I see your carbon filter sitting on the dresser to the left. Is your fan pushing air through the filter? If it's not, your fitering air in the wrong place. I'd recommend you move that bad boy INSIDE the tent and pull air through it, rather than push. It is more effective to pull air through the filter.

4. Hey maverick thanks for the feedback... I dont have ANNNYY room on the inside of my tent, and yes it is pushing air through not sucking. Why is it better to suck air through a carbon filter instead of push it out? It is working well with no smell.

5. As promised..

My kitty cat
    kiki2.jpg

kiki.jpg
    The two jack plants... started them way later (got from a friend who had no clue what he was doing)
    jack.jpg

birdseye.jpg

bud.jpg

bud2.jpg
    ipad shots with magnifying lens held over it hah
    closeup.jpg

closeup2.jpg

does anyone know how to keep pictures right side up?

6. I am really curious how muh the yield will be

7. i almost bought one of those tents they had pallets of them at the scrapyard where hrdrofarm scraps their stuff still in the boxes they wanted $50 each i should have bought one

8. Yea they are great tents

9. Little brown hairs

image-1239993931.jpg

image-3540257730.jpg

10. More pics at 930

11. why do people keep them in the dark for like 3 days after they flush them?

12. If you want the honest answer, it's total bullshit. Some people seem to think it forces the plant to get desperate and produce more resin, my personal opinion is that it's nonsense.

13. Your plants will taste And smell better if they are given a dark cycle right before harvest the chemical that is produced from the plant it gives such a good smell and taste is burned off by light so couple of days the dark will help that really build up.

Smell your plants just before the lights turn on and then smell them after 12 hours of the lights being on for 12 hrs you will notice the difference

14. Wouldn't drying your harvest in the dark add up to the same effect?

Cutting your plants down does not just kill them immediantly, if that were true cloning would not be possible.

Mind you i've tried something similiar, but by accident. Just got tired of trimming and left a plant behind for a few days in the dark. All I noticed was decomp.

15. Well I'm not certain of this but it's my understanding that the plant will produce more of the chemical when it's alive and in the dark. You are correct in that things are still going on (if its dried properly) after the cut. I've tried it both ways and prefer to give them 48hrs of dark before I cut.

16. THis is about week 5 and a 1/2 of flower check it!
    CloCloseup!.jpg

closeup!.jpg

Eyelevel!.jpg

topview!.jpg

bud pic!.jpg

nug comparison!.jpg

Backcola!.jpg