First Grow W/Pics

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by mdbball111, Apr 13, 2010.

1. So i have always wanted to grow and have done alot of research over the years on this site and others like it. Primarily here though :p. So this year ive decided that im gonna go through with it and grow a plant.
    I germinated using the paper towel method and planted the seed in a starter pot with miracle grow potting mix. I know most people here hate mg but its all i had at the time. Its been 5 days since i first put the seed in the paper towels to germinate and now i have a small MJ plant :hello:.
    I currently have the plant inside as the weather is still a little to cold. I am gonna move outside when i feel the plant will be strong enough to survive. For now it is in a desk drawer with a 20 watt cfl on it.

Attached Files:

2. Quick Question since i am moving my plant from indoors to outdoors can i give the plant 24 hours of light while inside to promote growth then move it outside without it affecting my plant because it will experience dark for the first time at night?

3. So from what i can tell my plant is healthy and growing strong. I am determined to have a journal here whether anyone looks at it or not haha :devious:. But anyways the seedling is on day 5 since breaking the soil. I think it might be stretching a little but nothing to serious. One thing i am wondering about my plant is that one of the cotyledons is pretty small and has a dark tint on the bottom of it. It is probably nothing to worry about but im so impatient waiting for this damn thing to grow i just sit around and inspect it.

Here are some pics if anyone could tell me if my plant is stretching or knows anything about the cotyledon or anything else you would like to share please reply.

Attached Files:

4. any updates>

5. Nice man. Hope you get a good strong plant