First Grow [UK, Greenhouse]

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by BoSelecta75, Jun 23, 2006.

1. First off gotta say cheers to the community. I joined here less than a week ago and due to the shear amount of information here i feel confident i can grow myself some plants from scratch. So ta.

Ive been reading up on growing like mad so i bought some seeds at dope-seeds.com and they were here within 4 days:D I ordered 'The Doctor' feminised seeds, 5 pack.

The Seeds

[​IMG]

Awards: not yet introduced to competition.
    Genetics: Great White Shark, South Indian, Super Skunk.
    Effect: very strong indica with instant body effect, stoned and very long lasting.
    Flowering indoor: ready to harvest in 8 weeks. An extra week will give amazing resin and a sweeter taste. Yield up to 800 gr/sqm.
    Flowering outdoor: ready around the end of September in the Northern hemisphere; or around end of April in the Southern.
    Yield up to 1200 gr/plant.
    THC: 18.4% CBD: 1.1% CBN: 0.4%

Ok, the grow. As i said, 5 pack of seeds. Im germinating only 2 cos i got permission of my dad to use his greenhouse and i aint gonna take the piss and grow a jungle. I may attempt a similar sized indoor grow when i go back to uni in sept.

Im going with Stylez' Germination420 so i got the seeds in a tuppaware box in my sock draw :D

[​IMG]

Hopefully im gonna be transferring them into Peat Pots in a few days. Using 8-5-2 compost which has perlite included. Do you guys think i should water the compost through a few times to rinse out some of the nutes? I dunno if this compost is too high in nutes for a <1 week old plant. The peat pots also contain a small amount of miracle grow.

Pots

[​IMG]

Thats all for now, ill update soon with any developments. Anyone got any comments as of yet?

- Bo

2. be carefull with the miracle grow, its good for the plant in the vegitation state, but can cause premature flowering. You probobly don't have anything to worry about tho, because the miracle grow will most likeley have been totally used up by the flowering stage. Good luck. I just started to grow my first plants this week.

3. Just woke up at 11am, checked my seeds. They have had about 18 hours in there now. I still dont see any sign of a tap root. Fingers crossed.

Its a real small amount of miracle grow since the pots are only about 1" diameter and 2" deep (the miracle grow is soaked into the peat pots) The pots are designed for "growing seeds and clones" so i dont suupose there are lethal amount of miracle grow in them.

TheMan, you got a grow journal?

- Bo

4. So its 6:50pm, they have had just over 24 hours and one of them has broken its shell with a tiny little white tap root!

The other seed hasnt even cracked yet and is much paler than the one which has taken off. Fingers crossed ill have 2 seeds germinated when i get back from work tomorrow evening. I'll post some pics when the taproots are big enough to transplant.

You guys think i should i give the slow one a little helping hand and crack the seed?

- Bo

5. Hey man, nice to see some uk growers braving it. Good luck with ya grow, ill be watching. Check mine out fella, its week 9 of flower at the mo. C ya in a bitch.

6. Aye your not wrong, as i said im growing in a green house. Weather isnt really to good up north just yet, hopefully the summer will come just in time for me to grow some beauts :)

What growing medium are u using spud? Do you think i will be ok with this compost: no soil, 8-5-2 w/ perlite? Im using this stuff from the word go, hopefully i wont give them nute burn when they are still small.

Thoughts?

- Bo

7. Got back from work to find they had both germed. The one which sprouted first has grown alot today, the root was really curled :( The other one had just broken the seed and had a nice straight tap root. Potted them both into my peat pots.

I put one of them in the 2-8-5 compost and the other into some PLU532 compost my dad had lying about in his greenhouse. Wrapped em both in some sandwhich baggies and put them back on the shelf above my monitor.

Hopefully they will spout soon and i can post the first pics of some actual growth! :D

[​IMG]

- Bo

8. Could be alittle soon for Compost, but you never know you could get lucky... you should have tried normal non nuted potting soil until the plant was a little more espablished then when transplanting into a Large pot do the compost mix.

9. Hopefully i will, i cant really afford any set backs since they are gonna start flowering at some point in september when they days get short enough. I did order a 105 watt CFL, 10k lumens @ 6400K so i may have to just skip my outdoor experiment and get a move on with my proposed indoor project.

Quick question. My plants are in the peat moss pots with sandwhich bags put on them using elastic bands (theres a pic above). Do i need to release the bags at any point to give them fresh air? Or do i just leave the bags on until they poke through?

Fingers crossed they even break the soil.

- Bo

10. Woot, had a well good night. I watched the game, england won. Checked my pots, one of them has sprouted! My very first Cotyledons! Gonna leave it in the baggy overnight and hopefully wake up to see the other seed has caught up. Then its into the greenhouse for them. Hope we start getting some sun here

Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about pics, they are taken on my brothers phone :D I think you can make it out though.

Quick question, will they be ok to just take the baggy off now and put them in the green house? Or do i have to gradually expose them to the air?

- Bo

11. Second seed still hasnt sprouted but ive put the first one into the green house. My light also arrived today. Just need the sun to come out now :D

Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Bo

12. Well they had a day in the sun. Im not to impressed with the weather at the minute, its been overcast and cloudy all day so i thought i might aswell wire up my bulb for the evening and give them a little boost.

I gave them each 3 table spoons of tap water which has been standing out in a bowl for 48 hours.

Pic

[​IMG]

Temporary set up in a chest in my bedroom. Banged some tinfoil in there to keep the heat off the wooden sides :D

Got no ventilation tho so that could well be a problem, we shall see.

- Bo

13. So ive upgraded my tin foil set up a wee bit. The current plan is to leave em in the greenhouse through the day and bang them in here over night while they veg. This took me and my bro like 20 mins and a mile of tin foil :D

[​IMG]

- Bo

14. you need more light than that mate

15. You sure? its 10K lumens and they are like under 3 inches tall. If the ideal lumens per sq ft is 3k then ive got about 5k per sq ft. That space is only about 2 square feet lol.

- Bo

16. the pic in post #12 doesnt look as bright as 10k

17. Hmm, its in a fitting that says max 60watt, could that be it? Its pretty bright mind. Fills the whole room with the lid off and its painful to look at. Might just be the camera, its sonyericsson w800i phone camera :p

- Bo

18. your gonna want more then 60 watts for 2 plants. Also dont use tap water, use some distilled water, the ph from the tap water will kill your plants.

19. Yeah I'm no electrician but my guess is if it's made to draw 105w and the socket is 60 max, somethin might burn. I'd try to get a new fixture able to handle the bulb. And if it's only holding the bulb back, all the more reason! That is one hardcore CFL, is that off of up4anything's link?

20. u need a reflector on top - ur wasting half ur light. ;)