first grow, tell me what you think so far

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 70s, Oct 23, 2008.

1. ok so i am currently growing 2 aklowryder plants feminized. biggest one is 2 weeks old and the small one is about 1 week. just planted a bagseed also. no sprout yet though. im using 6 6500k 27watt cfl daytime and 2 2700k soft whites. i think they are 14 watts each.

the grow space is an old beatin up tree house that i managed to re-do into a nice grow room. still got work to do with it though. just ordered a 400watt hps to so that should be coming in soon.

Attached Files:

2. Looking pretty good so far. Kinda cool location but easily stealable if you let people know.

How far are the CFL's from the plants? Looks like they coule be a little closer but hard to tell on that angle.

Keep it up man :)

3. thanks. yeah i havent told anyone. ima get a door and lock for it also. the lights are about 7 inches from tops. you think they should be closer?

4. Yes go about 2 to three inches. Just keep an eye out for stressed leaves due to heat.

Get a 3 dollar tempeture guage with humidity meter.

Also go get some flat white paint for the walls or some Mylar. ( cheap heat blankets work)

5. I would have that thing sealed up like a submarine, what about squirrels n whatnot?
    They look great though, gj.
    Did you bury the wire?

6. yeah im going to paint it white once we insulate all of it. and i dont have to worry about squirls cause i sealed everything and insulated it. also have a tiny closet heater as seen in the last photo so even though its a freezing 35-40 degrees at night, in there its a constant 75-80 degrees:D.

oh and one more thing i forgot to mention is that the tree house is in my woods on my property. and i live on like 2 acres with thick woods and there are a few houses.