First grow supplies(Pics Inside)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by doom3crazy, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Ok below is the SOIL I bought
    [​IMG]

This is the grow light I bought
    [​IMG]

And heres the pot I bought and how its setup.
    [​IMG]

Ive started the germination process with the paper towel trick.

Do I got everything I need to start? Im just doing 1 plant since this is my first time. Also the light I bought says its a gro-light for plants and its 120W, which seems should sufficent for 1 plant.

What do you guys think?? :)

2. Put the light closer because your only using a 120w. and where did you buy this stuff?

3. yeah youll want that light prolly within 6 inches of the top of the plant (thats just a guess i use cfls). i have 75w and i have em an inch away.

4. oh youe going to want to buy a ph tester and some ph up and down. i didn't have it my first grow and got root lock and it died.

5. #5 doom3crazy, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
    where do you buy a ph tester? and whats ph up and down?

6. I dont think that light is going to do you any good. You should have got and should still get cfls.

7. Its designed for growing plants inside. Why wouldnt it work?

8. i got a ph tester at a local aquarium shop. and the ph up and down controls you ph level. i got all of it for like 15$

9. I just dont trust those things. If it were me I would rather have 120 watts of cfls. Or better yet a 150 mh/hps

10. Because it's an incandescent light I believe. Does it say what spectrum it is? It should say day bright or something like that or give you a Kelvin temperature.

You can buy ph up/down which is recommended, of for quick household fixes, one could use (for ph up): baking soda, & for ph down: lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, or distilled vinegar.

11. i really would not waste my money on PH buffer's, if you run into problem's with soil you just flush and start nutes back...this fixes it 90 % of the time...MG soil is horrible, it has time release fert inside, don't use regular MG soil!
    you will have a shit ton of problem's with that time release...
    but your seeling soil and MG organic is ok..it will work fine
    i'd get a cfl...125 watt (actual watt's) or better your bulb only pushes 2000Lumen's...a real cfl will get you around 8-10000 lumen's..that's a huge increase for 40$ a bulb and 25$ a socket..or you could get a small wattage HPS/MH system..
    most all small hps system's will run a MH conversion bulb...
    you will need a lot more output and different spectrum's of light for growing any MJ start to finish..

cheer's

12. #12 DreaminGreen, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
    Isnt that thing pretty much a incandecnt (sp?) floodlight that says for plants?

edit: akhans knows what I am trying to say.

13. yep thats exactly what they are, very hot compared to a cfl...

14. Yes. Meaning that it only gives out as much light as a 26 watt CFL. And I'm not sure it's a good spectrum for growing either.

15. The way we have it rigged, we cant have multiple hanging things and light sockets. I looked for a high watt cfl light I really did, and I couldnt find one over 32 actual watts. Do they make a single cfl light thats over 100 actual watts>?

16. I know they make 75s and 100s. Either of those would be fine for 1 plant.

17. So for realz even if I have that light like 6 inches above the plant it wont work?

18. dude to grow ant decent indoor it cost cash...i just got a 400watt hps from HTG for 145$ shipped bulb and all complete system...
    a 125watt cfl from amazon.com is only around 40-45$ made by hydrofarm(damn good company) and need's a a special socket yes...you can buy an adapter for around 10$ or a socket and cord set for 20-25 to run it..
    they push 6500k spectrum and around 8,000 lumen's, that's 4 times your bulb...not to mention it run's about 5 times cooler...
    1000bulbs.com has cfl's in a wide range of spectrum's for cheap...there from 23 watt's into the 200 watt range on there ...there 105 watt's and 125's are great and run 25-40$ a bulb and they sell the socket adapter or the cord/socket set there to...