First Grow Starts TODAY

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by vonspillar, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Hey Guys Lemme know what you think!
    I know I've got 3 problems so far;
    1. Clear Tubing (Will pass light into 5gals)
    2. 3" Net pots (Couldnt get 6")
    3. 30% RH (I Had a dehumidifier going)

MY ONLY QUESTION IS; The pictured attached shows only 1 5 gal bucket that is prepared with a seed and rockwool. Now; The water inside the 5 gals has NO nutrients and NO ph balancing FOR THE FIRST WEEK. BUT the Rockwool was submerged into water that was a ph of 5.5-6 for 8 hours. SO; Will My baby's grow great with what I've got and done so far? Especially with the water!

Thanks Guys!

Attached Files:

2. That fan is dirty as #%ck, u should clean it or get another; I am like super clean and still lose buds cuz a mold sometimes.
    Think like a surgeon!
    I don't know anything about your water. Is it RO? tap? mineral? I use 5mL/L clonex solution for the first week or so. Increase to 10 or just go to 1/4 strength. You can just hand feed them in the rockwool for the first couple weeks. I don't pH the clonex solution cuz I already know in RO its 5.6. Hard water is ok too, but can be too saline/alkaline for seeds and seedlings. ppm should be like 50-100 i think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. It's Tap that I let sit outside for like 48hrs. I didnt Ph or put any nutes in. I think the Ph right now is around 7-8 inside the 5gals. ppm is 90-100.

I've got the air pump going and a seed inside that Rockwool. Will the seed grow how it is?

4. Hahaha Yeah lol. Older fan unfortunately. I'll have to buy a new one.

5. The pH is high; it should be 5.5-6.2(ish). The ppm seems good with your tap water, although I don't know what is in your water, could be sodium for all I know; this information you can look up (your city's water analysis should be online).
    If the seeds are good they should crack. It sounds like they will be ok...
    Do you have any biocontrols? Like hydroguard, or some probiotics? Because you need to realize that roots are susceptible to fungal attack...
    anyhow, plant it and it will grow!
    Good luck vonspillar!

6. You can get oscillating fans cheap online. I bought two for 40 and I was told even that was too expensive for them. 12 inch alera brand

7. '

No I don't have any biocontrols, For nutes I have the 3 floraseries and some Cal-mag(I also have epsom salt but was told not to use it). What would you suggest other than Hydroguard? (47$ for 1 quart).
    I thought I read that I needed 33% Hydrogen Peroxide? To protect against fungal/algae? Lemme know!

8. Sadly, in Canada almost all that stuff is regulated.
    I've been testing a product called 'planticillin', but still expensive and, now I don't even think I can find it for much longer as I don't see it on the technaflora site anymore. Canadian regulations I suppose.
    Yea, 47$ for a quart, that's about how much that planticillin costs. I don't think you need so much later on in the grow; its more a thing to help them start out, once the colonies are established, adding more? idk.
    To add to the 47$ charge, there's the matter of delivery, which Canada Post won't allow any liquid, which means if its coming from the States, they won't even ship it.
    Another (sad) alternative is a Canadian product called RootShield HC WP by Plant Products and it costs $150 for a box and it needs to be refrigerated. That's probably what I will end up using, after I buy a fridge.
    smh...
    go to a local hydroponic store and ask them for something. Thats' where I found the (last) bottle of planticillin.

9. Weird. I'm in Canada. Why would there be regulations against root defense.. thefuck. Anywho, Ill follow up on that then and visit my local hydro store. Do I just look for 'root defense for hydroponics' or like some kind of algae/fungal defense or whatever?
    And With the 5 gal's being that high of a ph, It wouldn't hurt the seedlings or anything eh? It'd only be for the first week.

10. bro, i just wouldn't even bother with the pumps or anything right now. I would just hand pour water on top. Nice fresh (tap) water. For the first week should be ok, just dont want to get mould. I use a little bit of peroxide when I first do up everything, then I soak in nutes with 1ml/L 30% H2O2. Containers are all bleached prior to used.
    My current plants, when they were just starting, I used 3/4 RO and 1/4 tap (tap is 220) and first few days went that way; always added peroxide. Once they were up for a few days, I hand fed them clonex (cheap enough) once a day, then twice, upped solution for a couple days to 10mL and then went to 1/4 nutes. Been increasing since then, currently at 1100-1200 ppm (see in the morning; was up to 1500 this morning; tried 1300 too much). I should also say that once the pumps were running and they were getting fed 1/4 strength, the peroxide ended and the planticillin started.
    I am going to purchase a mini fridge and buy the $150 box of Rootshield... I think its the better investment. Just better; no dicking around with bs mold root rot crap lost seeds lost money lost time lost dreams. Also, you don't need a minifridge, but I dont' want weird bacteria in my fridge... so.
    You should also add some silica in your regime. I suggest getting the cannaMax potassium silicate and dilute it like idk, 5:1 or so (I will check lol, I just diluted a bunch and give 1mL/L which I'm sure is overboard). The other brands are just diluted.

11. Its from BC northern lights
    from their catalogue:

upload_2018-11-11_23-32-18.png

The product appears to be working well; no signs of root rot.

12. When you say "I use a little bit of peroxide when I first do up everything, then I soak in nutes with 1ml/L 30% H2O2" Do you mean soaking the Rockwool or the water inside the 5 gals?

So I should go buy the Hydroguard/or Rootsiled, the Plantacillin and Clonex?

And Do I put H202 in the 5 gal water right now? Like 1ML/L like ya said?

13. Everything get H2O2'd in the start. I always have a lil' in the rez (well, I wasn't using the res in the start, but you know what I mean).
    Clonex is nutrient solution; don't need it, but its mild, for the seedlings and clones.
    All that other stuff, just need one. Others exist.
    I would already have it in there. Just mild, don't overdo it.