First Grow Starting the journey. Advice appreciated :)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NewRisingSun, Oct 4, 2014.

1. #1 NewRisingSun, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    Hello dear community. Ive been smoking for 6 years now, but until a month ago I got a chance to start my own garden. 

I would really welcome any tips you have, or things I could do to make my babbies even happier. 

First of all, Im growin using a coco mix. It has coco coir and coco peat mostly. With a Ph of 6.2 
    Im located in spain, and the water I get from the tube is pretty pure, with a ph of 7.2. 

My best guess was that when they're combined its going to be a ph in the medium of both, so its great from what I've read. Got some nice nutrients as well that I bought in a shop nearby. When should i start using them? I was going to wait at least for the start of the 3rd veg week. 

Got 1 Critical Somango, 1 Amnesia Haze both from THC seeds. And 2 Afghan Kush Special from World of seeds. 

Now I didnt had too much money, so I bought a 250wtts HPS, and im using it for vegetative as well. Do you think that its going to do the job? Got a ballast and reflector as well. Going to buy a MH, but need some time to save money first :(

In watering the plants once  a day, in the middle of the light cicle. Using 18light/6dark. 

What Im concerning as well is that the temp in here is very high. Ive seen some growers growing at 43' outdoors, and plants seems to be loving it. But dont know indoors.. I have 40 at max, but try to lower it to 33 most of the time spraying water at the plants, raising humidity as well to 70%. I do it every 2 hours or so.. At night, they get 33%-30. (celsius of course)

Thanks for all the help. I really want to do my best with the girls. MJ means a lot to me, as well as you I hope. Peace. Cheers.

They are 10 days old. Here some pics!

WP_20130721_003.jpg WP_20130721_013.jpg WP_20130721_015.jpg WP_20130721_016.jpg WP_20130721_022.jpg WP_20130721_023.jpg WP_20130721_024.jpg

2. Welcome, Spanish friend! Great to read about your new grow.

To your points:
    Nutes: yep, 3rd week is good. Start with 25-50% of the recommended dose and gradually increase from there. Your kush and critical will only need light nutes, the haze probably as well.

Lights: 250w is a good starting point, but you may get crowded, especially with that sativa (haze). I would suggest lst or at least a bit of training to keep your canopy even to make the most of that light. Honestly, for me, I'd stick with max 2 plants with that wattage but there are growers on here that manage more. The haze will stretch in flower , so be prepared.

Temps: ouch! That's hot! I'm not sure about the haze but my critical and kush grows would suffer under 30+ degrees. Any way to get those lower, like better ventilation or opening the tent door? I predict this will be a problem quite soon and should be your main focus of attention getting started. As a swiss resident I envy your warm spanish weather but not those temps! I tend to max at about 29, 27 is better.

Watering: overwatering is a major problem for beginners, myself included. Those small starter pots dry out quickly under a light and fan, but do let the soil dry out a bit before watering again. The plants will develop stronger roots and you will avoid the dreaded fungus gnats that arise whenever the soil is too soggy.

Good luck!

3. Nice to meet you brother! Thanks for the reply.!

For the nutrients, ill post a picture of the ones Ive got, so that you can have in mind.

Im planning to move the plants when they reach the 3rd week as well to bigger pots. So that they can grow stronger roots. 

I was thinking the same about the heat, but my best guess to lower it down would be to make holes in the closet, and make a exhaust and intake. But that would be a little hard since its not mine. Do you really think that its going to be a great deal? Temps are going down as well since were reaching winter. So in 1 month its going to be just perfect. But if theyre not going to make it, i will figure out something asap. 

In regards of the LST and the topping, I dont have any knowledge. Any guide or tips? 

And yes brotha, the weather in here is amazing. As well as the pollen hash you get if youre lucky. I was in The hamptons NY before, and the green in there was dope. Some fresh cali buds.. Kind o miss those days. 

But well! Thanks for the support, Keep em burning!  :smoking:  :smoking:

4. I did some research in regards of the training. Actually found this guide http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1014275-overview-cannabis-training-scrog-sog-fim-supercrop-lst-etc.html and a couple more. 

Im going to use the tie down method, making the 90 degree with the stem, and then keep it going under the perimeter of the pot. 

Starting once the plant has reached 8inches, and its in the last pot. I hope this way, the lower branches are going to get more action. 

But im afraid that this may cause the plant to get way to "fat", or im I wrong? Because of the space i have, i rather have tall plants instead.. 

Thanks for the help!

5. Subbed man! Similar to my grow just I have cfl:)

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

6. Welcome brotha!! Any tips you want to share are welcome, photos as well. 

Any thoughts about the training? 

7. Mine is almost the same size too!:) ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412533222.870197.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412533239.903241.jpg im growing speedy chile it's 5 days from breaking ground :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

8. Yo ho ho, yes, a 90 training will work. I get effectively more bud from a trained plant than a tall plant. The buds will appear all the same, only getting more light to more than just the main cola. I understand what you mean by a "fat" plant. If you wanna let em grow taller maybe try femming or topping for more colas. Even just the 90deg bend will allow the lower shoots to grow more vigorously. I've got a combo of styles in my journal in the sig, to be updated in the next day or two.

I do think those temps will be a prob, even if only for a month. It wilk stunt growth and possibly worse. There is no odor until weeks into flower, so i'd suggest keeping the tent door open until temps cool down a bit. You may have better results, but i feel obligated to warn you due to my experience.

I'm originally from san francisco myself, so i know what you mean about cali buds. I'm actually preparing to order some fairly expensive genetics from the states to try out some of the cannabis cup winners there. After several years of dutch strains I'd like to try something new.

9. Attached Files:

10. #11 ProGMO, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    take you time and read though all the growing guides. After that you will likely asked more refined.

11. #12 NewRisingSun, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
    Morning fellas!. Waking and baking and getting some enlightenment as well. 

Hope you're all living the dream!!   :bongin:  :hippie:  :hippie:

Swiss grower,what about the oiiiiils maaan? I used to buy Eureka, the OG kush was my favorite. They should bring that stuff down here...

In regards of the temp, I think the gods are on my side. The past 3 days, the higher temp has been 36, and normally they have been at 30-33 on day. At night they have been getting 27-29. Now its good right? I can feel them happy and dancing  :hello:

In regards of the training Ive been doing my research, and reading a lot. (saw a couple of jorge the almighty cervantes as well), and I dont feel that comfortable doing the High Stress.. I mean I know  theres no harm involved.. But still.. And the disease probs go up, as well as fucking it up seems to be easier.. But with the lst, they seem to get way to fat man., I would be able to put top 2 plants like the one in the pics! but have 4  :confused:

In regards of the nutes i have Naturcannabis Crecimiento (growing). This is the feeding schedule I hope. http://naturcannabis.net/index.php/es/manual-de-cultivo/tabla-cultivo

In that case, I will start with what they recommend on the 3rd Veg week, providing 2 times a week. and Raise on the start of bloom to 3 times a week, stoping on the 3rd week. Sounds good right? 

Some photos so that you can have in mind, how much they have improved in a couple of days  :metal:

WP_20130723_001.jpg WP_20130723_003.jpg WP_20130723_005.jpg WP_20130723_007.jpg

12. The universe is smiling on your grow.

OG is on my list. Oils? [drools] some things are better than chocolate & cheese!

Your temps and nute plan sounds right on. I got you now on space and training, so let em grow! Nature will provide. Depending on your soil and how much nutrients it may already have pre-loaded, you may not need to add anything until later. Check the label.. You've done your research.

Looks like my xmas babies are just a few days behind yours. Wanna race?

Trainwreck, planning to veg and use as a mother for clones at end of year.
    image.jpg

Super critical and blue mammoth autos. Trying to squeeze in an xmas harvest. image.jpg

Mine will wait in the que under T5s for at least a month, so you've got a head start!

13. Thanks bro, positive vibes all around!! Its about the sharing and blessing  :hello:

Lets get started man. How many days are yours? Theyre looking pretty healthy and clean. 

Being doing my homework youre right haha. I will lst, and just play with the branches all along. 

My plan is to get the stem around the pot, and then let em grow, but always puting the highest branch to the bottom, to trick the plant, and give more support to the lower ones.

Keep updated with the process man  :smoke:

14. The trainwreck sprouted 28.9, the autos on 2.10.

That sounds like a good plant. When I try that it always goes up in a corkscrew pattern, throwing out shoots along the way.

Keep blazin

15. OK, i think that I have some problems  :cry:

Take a look at the tiny white dots. Do you guys think that this may be some kind of plague? Im going to buy a fungicide asap. 

And also the tip on one seems to be turning yellow. Plus the color on othe one is dark green on the center, lighter green after and yellow on the edges. Look a the photos, and tell me what you think pleaseeeeee  :confused:  :confused:

WP_20141010_018.jpg WP_20141010_016.jpg WP_20141010_024.jpg

16. Are you feeding her? Even when it was younger they had yellowing at the tips. What are the nutrients you got? Aee the coco specific?

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1335301-Stanky's-perpetual-garden
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1335301-Stanky's-perpetual-garden

17. Havent give her nutrients still. Only watering, but everyday once. Do you think I should start watering only once every two days? Maybe this is the issue. And what do you think about the white dots on the first pic?

18. How have your temps been? If you're still in the 30s it could be the heat. If your temps are in the 20s it may be time to start 1/4 feeding every other day. And yes, cut back on watering to every other day.

I wouldn't worry about the white dots just yet. From what I can see in your pic it doesnt appear to be mites.

Relax! You're growin herb

19. #20 ProGMO, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    Once every 3 or 4 days depending on how big the pot is, how the plant uses the water and how much evaporates out. After a good watering, lift the pot and get to know what it feels like full (after a some drains out from the base). After the 3rd day lift it. When it gets light feeling you are good to water. As the plant gets larger and mid-late flowering you will likely go every other day and once a day depending how it feeds.