First Grow/Slow Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BeatsByOmega, Nov 25, 2014.

1. This is my first attempt at growing the plant is about 3 weeks old, any ideas why my plant is growing slowly. I have basic potting soil,using miracle grow organic plant food liquid. 4 lights. Any help would be appreciated. Pics for reference.

Attached Files:

2. Could be your lighting man, Try bringing the plants closer to your set up there or get some different ones lol. If you don't want to spend the money on a hps or metal halide set up then some full spectrum t-8's should do it. Can usually find these at Lowes or Menards for around 10 bucks a pop, plus a ballast or two. I've never had much luck with CFL's other than for getting seedlings to pop up out of the dirt. However the t-8's do their job quite well, I'm running t-12's right now though. Thinking about going back to the t-8's. I would place high pressure sodium over any of these lights but they can get sort of expensive so, whatever works best for you man. Oh and if i were you I'd stay away from miracle grow products in general, for various reasons lol. Anyways, hope this helps atleast a little bit I don't have too many grows under my belt so im not a expert like many others on this website. Just search around the forum, this place is a complete fault of knowledge for everything that is cannabis lmao. Have a good one man and good luck with your plant! If your only growing one I'd read into some topping/FIMing techniques. Or LST, which I haven't managed to implement into any of my grows yet. So if you did so happen to try it let me know how it turns out! lol

3. #3 enjoyandlive, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
  4. Thanks for all the info fellas it's much appreciated

5. Take the incandescent bulb out, it's useless. Get higher wattage cfl's preferably the 55 watters and go easy on the nutes for a while. Every 3rd watering or so until it's bigger.

6. Also topping, lst and supercropping all together make some crazy strong plants with massive yields. Fimming is a joke, I've done a side by side and i would personally never dim again. Supercropping, lst and topping you have complete control ever what's happening. Also like dude said stray away from miracle gro, it's the devil. Seriously. You can get a micro/grow/bloom trip on Amazon for 25-40 bucks and that has all you need for a lot of grows this size. Or switch to proper organic soil and you can use plain water.