First grow sexing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rw0312, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Hello everyone, this is my first grow and all my plants look awesome, only problem is im three days into flowering and I think I have at least one male. Can someone with experience tell me if this is 100% for sure a male.  I am pretty certain myself but dont want to rip out a plant thats a lady.  Thanks everyone

Attached Files:

2. Yep cut him down its male

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes.  Male.  Bu-bye.

4. Glad you caught the sneaky prick

5. Do females kinda look like males when they very first come out (talkin about first day visible).  A couple of the plants look like they are starting the same way the male did but it looks like they are splitting into two hairs out of that initial little ball.  Thanks for the conformation everyone.  Im just glad the male was the strechy plant i didnt like, might shed a tear if the two monsters turn male.

Yes, they sorta do.  There is a sack that forms before the pistils sprout out of them.   However they tend to form 1 or 2 at a time then sprout out the pistils.  A whole group of them without any pistils like shown in the picture above is a sure sign of a male.

7. awesome thats what i was seeing was the initial sack and the hairs were starting.  great explanation thanks