First grow, seedling advice / setup

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Greenerthumb420, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Very first grow , Aus so not having anymore than 2 going and just would like some advice and general next steps on my set as is cheers guys

Also info on if they look m or f
    Confused as they seem to resemble autos . :S

Attached Files:

2. When a seedling isn't receiving enough light, a hormone is released that causes rapid stem cell elongation in an effort to get closer to the light.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. [​IMG]
    Put a CFL 1 inch away from them.
    23 watt. (100 equiv) 6500k color. Very blue. Also called Daylight.
    Edit= 120 volt USA power rating.

BNW

4. [​IMG]

Make up a few of these before yours fall over.

BNW

5. Thats massive stretch, they need more light, way more light.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fucking damit. Much appreciated , got an led otw by tonight so will start running that .

Truthfully where my garage sits I've been giving them the olmorjing sun and that's about it.

7. Mad info mate thank you

• Like Like x 1
  8. Should they still be ok though ?
    Just taller Im guessing ?
    From Tomorrow will have the led so here's hoping

9. They should be fine. You will need to support them tho, they'll fall over soon.

10. They be aiight, trustt

11. You ain't copying my ideas are you? ;) Nice little framed greenhouse, checkout what I did with mine.

12. Looks like your out real remote somewhere bro aha 2 feet and there's a green house for you lol

13. Look what just came , Christmas .

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. I've been growing for many decades.
    I knew from experience that to little light equaled spindly stems but I didnt know the science behind it
    Live and learn
    Thanks
    squirksa

• Like Like x 1
  15. I know right even I was surprised

16. So huge update , I've setup my light but my "jungle room " is way to big for how I'd like my setup .

Here is it now any advice on how far the light is or anything cheers apologies on the pic , light is making it go crazy aha

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. And here's them at at least 2 weeks ( didn't mark the date I planted them sorry )

Thinking they may be abit small because of the whole lighting issue to begin with but quite proud of them nonetheless

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. is that a 400w hps? I'd get it away from those seedlings.

19. I'm actually not too sure , says 240volt

Attached Files:

20. That's a 600w HPS bulb. I'd have that at least 2 feet from those little plants, no closer. That's a lotta juice for those little girls.

• Agree Agree x 1