First grow! Rubbermaid bag seed.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by swannsonite, Nov 20, 2011.

1. #61 swannsonite, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011

It was growing to the edge of the pot ok. but It didn't grow the new stems and take off till I removed the two leafs blocking light to the stem.

2. Pics
    1-2. #1 Just keeps growing
    3-4. #2 Some progress?
    5-6. #3 Snapped the top nodes on accident... hope it heals if not its just a crappy top/fim.

Attached Files:

3. Theyre growin dude.

You know plants do very well when just left to their own devices.. i have to practice LITFA.
    (Leave it the fuck alone) :)

4. #64 swannsonite, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
    It... is... ALIVE!!! That is right #2 is finally on the mend. After 9days it is also dry enough to water. Just goes to show that watering to much would be very easy if you don't check the moisture down a couple of inches. Its PH was around 5.2 so after watering with tap water added some higher PH water to top it off. #3 is doing fine after my lil mistake yesterday. #1 is probably going to get watered tomorrow its just about dry enough.

Pics day 22
    1-2. #1 stem is now covered by leafs again.
    3-4. #2 Really seemed to like having its leafs with spots removed. New growth is getting stronger.
    5-6. #3 Looks like its got 4 stems growing now.
    7. The fam

Attached Files:

5. I know I know... but its so hard lol. Ive really gotten addicted to them >.< doh

6. [quote name='"swannsonite"']

I know I know... but its so hard lol. Ive really gotten addicted to them >.< doh[/quote]

Haha do what I do I just blaze up and go look at them and whatnot for a good hour, I usually just look at all the new secondary growths and pray for pistils hahah

7. We all do it. Everyone always want to top or bend or trim their babies..then there comes a point when u get used to them. Then, it seems like they grow faster. :)

Keep it green dude

8. Missed a day of pics didn't get home till lights out. So here is an early update for today. #2 is out of the woods it is looking 100x better! #1 had its second branch reach the edge of the pot and has some new branches starting off the main stem. #3 is just kind of filling out not exploding but growing still. When I went to check on the plants I noticed the sun was hitting the window in the room just right. So I put the plants in the sun for about 30m.

Pics.
    4. Group photo in the sun.

Attached Files:

9. Always water with 6.8 Ph. Your ph is swinging to much because your water ph is not stable. Water from 6.5-6.8 and your run off should be near there everytime. You can't base your soils ph if your watering ph is off. Use your run off to judge your soils ph, but always water with 6.5-6.8.

10. My PH isn't really swinging it is constantly staying low. I believe it was from the first time I watered with PH adjusted water using a crappy soil meter. It said PH 6.5 but now that I have a real PH meter I am guessing it was probably around 3-4PH. As you can see the plants almost died from it... lesson learned the hard way. I flushed with a lot with tap 7.5 PH and still only up to 5-5.1 PH run off. So I would think but am not sure that adding higher than 6.8 would be good till the run off PH is at least 6. Then yes I would agree just add 6.5-6.8 for watering would be ideal. Am I way off?

11. No if you said your ph was bad from the start then you fixed your own problem, good job.

12. Got this closet for free thinking of making it a perpetual grow closet. Thoughts suggestions?

Attached Files:

13. Looks perfect..

Plants lookin better man.

14. Watering day. Plants 1 n 3 got watered today I prolly should have done it yesterday they were looking a little sad. #1 PH is around 6.1 after watering with high PH water. #3 was around PH 5.8. They are slowly getting to the right PH. #2 keeps looking better and better. Probably not going to flower till after Christmas and I can finish my new cabinet. Not gonna be able to light proof the tote enough I don't think.

Pics
    1-2. #1 Removed a few fan leafs again.
    3-4. #2 Just growin
    5-6. #3. Removed 1 Leaf blocking new growth.
    7. Temps

Attached Files:

15. [quote name='"swannsonite"']Watering day. Plants 1 n 3 got watered today I prolly should have done it yesterday they were looking a little sad. #1 PH is around 6.1 after watering with high PH water. #3 was around PH 5.8. They are slowly getting to the right PH. #2 keeps looking better and better. Probably not going to flower till after Christmas and I can finish my new cabinet. Not gonna be able to light proof the tote enough I don't think.

Pics
    1-2. #1 Removed a few fan leafs again.
    3-4. #2 Just growin
    5-6. #3. Removed 1 Leaf blocking new growth.
    7. Temps[/quote]

Good to hear that your getting the ph under control and the plants are looking like there improving. Have you thought about just flowering these early and starting new ones in your cab with the knowledge you got and you will have alot better growth IMO

16. I have thought about it they would be so much bigger by now! However I only have 2 seeds left... I think I will just let em ride. I mean they could be all male... but I think I want to clone them before they go into flower. That way if only 1 is fem I can keep that clone going for the next gen. Plus #2 is going to need a lot more veg time which will give me room to move #1 n #3 to 3gal pots for flower.

17. Do you have them in a plastic tote?

If so do they always have fresh air

18. Yeah Pic of it at beginning of thread. The lights are on a timer but the fans run 24/7.

19. Started working on the cabinet tonight cut the middle in two but left enough to still have a shelf. Calked all the edges to light proof and help make it airtight. Added a bar to top chamber so it wont have light leak through crack. Still need to figure out how to light proof the hinges. I'm thinking gorilla tape.

Attached Files:

20. Hey Boketh sry to intrued on the thread but where did you guys find those light fixtures for the cfls...would like to use some of those instead of a corded socket!