first grow room with pictures inside. helpful ideas and thoughts are appreciated

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nevets88, Nov 28, 2011.

1. :wave: so here's the first grow room. all the plants are in one room until the second one is finished. not exactly to sure as to what info to include right now but i will be updating. i am here to learn so if you have any helpful tips or ideas please post as i am very open to constructive criticism.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pics of the temp'
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now for the pics of the second room where half of the plants will be going to once the room is finished.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the pantry full of yummy food lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Yeah!!! Def. be watching this one. Nice clean set up. good luck.

3. #3 nevets88, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2011
    thanks! the drain and watering system still has to be finished. right now they're being watered one by one which is a lil' time consuming. the idea is to run pvc pipes over the pots with 2 holes per pot to water them. as soon as its finished pics will be up.

4. I agree with the above comment :D

5. well the second room is coming along now. the AC is working now so hopefully tomorrow half of the plants will be going into the other room. forgot the camera today but new pics will be up tomorrow.

6. the watering and draining system is done. got a few pics as well

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and decided to try out one recirculating DWC for shits and giggles.
    [​IMG]

7. They look like there stretching. How high is your lighting.

8. First off, wow! Great work and nice set up. I am pretty new only on my second grow.

I was gonna comment about the plants beng a little spindly as well. I was told the lights should be about 30" to 36" from the plants. Of course it depends on the light you are useing. Im useing a 600W MH.
    Also, If your room isnt in a remote area, I would think that window with the loover doors would look a little suspicious after dark with the intense light from the outside.
    How is your PVC water system working out? I been trying to think of a way to water on a automatic system if I'm outta town.
    Good luck and thanks for sharing.
    Also, I'm just curious if you dont mind me asking. WHat is the size room you have? How much do you project to yeild? And, how much do you have invested so far?

9. [quote name='"combatmedic"']First off, wow! Great work and nice set up. I am pretty new only on my second grow.

I was gonna comment about the plants beng a little spindly as well. I was told the lights should be about 30" to 36" from the plants. Of course it depends on the light you are useing. Im useing a 600W MH.
    Also, If your room isnt in a remote area, I would think that window with the loover doors would look a little suspicious after dark with the intense light from the outside.
    How is your PVC water system working out? I been trying to think of a way to water on a automatic system if I'm outta town.
    Good luck and thanks for sharing.
    Also, I'm just curious if you dont mind me asking. WHat is the size room you have? How much do you project to yeild? And, how much do you have invested so far?[/quote]

The room is completely sealed. You can't see any light from the outside. the loover door just leads to the next room that's also sealed. As for yield, I'd say about a pound per plant. The reason the lights are up high is because this is a first grow and this is the way that buddy does it that gave me hand. I just helped buddy cut and hang up in his grow and he got about a lbs per plant.

10. Lights too far?

11. [quote name='"Sparks207"']Lights too far?[/quote]

Yeah, next grow getting different hoods and dropping the lights closer.

12. Question... Won't that watering sytem give the plants closer to the Rez more water than the ones on the end? Won't the water pressure be diminished at the end?

13. [quote name='"Sparks207"']Question... Won't that watering sytem give the plants closer to the Rez more water than the ones on the end? Won't the water pressure be diminished at the end?[/quote]

Yeah which is why the PVC goes to the middle of the rows where the plants are then branches off to each row. The first plants still get a little more water but it works out fine.

14. Here's a pic of buddy's yields. He got a lbs a plant and I'm doing the same exact way he is so the final outcome should be close to his.

15. [quote name='"nevets88"']Here's a pic of buddy's yields. He got a lbs a plant and I'm doing the same exact way he is so the final outcome should be close to his.[/quote]

[​IMG]

16. That's strait re dic!

Cool. Good luck looks bad ass

17. [quote name='"Sparks207"']That's strait re dic!

Cool. Good luck looks bad ass[/quote]

Thanks. Once everything is dried I'll update the final yield.

18. well i have an update. the leaves started changing color and im not to sure why and if it could be a big problem. if someone could please help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. y r the lights so high??? is it for a reason... seems to me like ur wasting alot of light'

20. [quote name='"Blaze King"']y r the lights so high??? is it for a reason... seems to me like ur wasting alot of light'[/quote]

Its the way the guy that helped setup up the room does it. He said it works for him. I really dont like it either because they get stringy, but i'm tying them down as they grow. But after this grow is done enclosed hoods are going in and the lights are getting dropped.