First grow questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Westell, May 11, 2010.

1. About to start my first grow here and I had a few questions. Firstly my plan is to keep the plants in pots the entire time. So do you think 2 or 3 transplants will be needed, starting with a six inch pot.

My main question is with the soil because I want to keep it cheap but not skimp on the essentials. I picked up a few bags of organic soil, some perlite, and a brick of peat moss. I also have access to blood/bone meal and vermiculite. Do I need anything else and what should my proportions be In the soil mix?

Thanks

2. You may need some lime to adjust the ph of the soil you mix. I don't see any manure listed above so you may be okay. The bags of soil should already be ph balanced. The book I was looking at said you peat moss improves the texture of bagged soil and should be 10-15% of the mixture.

Sample mix:

6 parts soil
    2 parts perlite
    2 parts vermiculite
    1 part bone/blood meal
    1 part peat moss

This info came from a book. I have mixed my own soil before, but this is not my best area of knowledge. You can search online for soil mixes, and I'm sure someone with the skill will be by shortly to assist you in this as well.