First grow questions about cfl lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mapleleaf416, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Hey guys I decided to start a cfl grow for fun with some bag seed I had vegged them for 55 days under 4 100w equivalent 6500k cfls and 3 2700 and it worked great. I was told about half of my plants would be female but so far I've for 4 females and two that haven't shown yet. I have had them under 12/12 for 2 weeks now and I am wondering if I have enough light I have a total of 10 100w equivalent 2700 k bulbs and 3 6500 for flowering any advice ? What can I expect from these lights ? And would I be better to focus my light on 3 if the strongest plants even tho the thought of getting ridd of females sounds terrible image.jpg

2. 100w equivalent. ..23w actual?

cheifin blizzys

3. Yea 23w 1600 lumens each bulb

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. You need a minimum of 100w actual per plant but 150w to 200w is ideal for a decent yielding flowering plant

cheifin blizzys

5. Don't concern yourself with the bulb's "equivalent" watts. It's the equivalent of something that isn't even suitable for growing so it's totally irrelevant

you need at the very least 60 watts per square foot of canopy. 100 watts per square foot is pretty good, but no less than 60 otherwise the plants will struggle

you should expect 1-2oz per 100watts of CFL

6. Watts are watts are watts.   Like Gold says, don't worry about equivalents of anything.   Always consider the actual power usage.