First grow question about flipping to flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kraftsingles00, Jan 30, 2018.

1. hey all

My clones have been in my veg tanned for 27 days. Currently growing in a 4x4 tent with 1000w MH/HPS, I have LST and topped them twice. They currently spill over my 5 gallon smart pots and roughly between 11 and 12 inches tall. I have another 30 inches of clearance of growth before they would be to close to the light. (When the lights fully to the top)

I have Indica dominant strains (gorilla glue #4 and skywalker Og)and I’m not exactly sure how much stretch I should account for, should I put them sooner? Or should I wait and get some more vertical height before switching? I have a ton of tops at this time.. a ton

Thank you in advance

2. #2 Tbone Shuffle, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Pictures would help. It's hard to visualize a room from a noobie's opinion. No offense, but what you consider a large plant might not look that large to an experienced eye. What is the actual height of your room? Is it a 6' tent?

You can keep on bending branches and supercropping until about week 4 in flower to keep it short. If you don't veg long enough you won't be able to fill the space. If you don't fill the space with enough tops you almost block the light from the floor you aren't maximizing your space. This is my 4x4 this crop before I chopped my first plant. The purp in the front.

If you don't think your canopy is this full then veg longer. You want it wall to wall. If it's too tall, bend it off to the side. IMG_8831.JPG

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Yes forgot those... ok so I measured and I have as of now 25” of free space.. giving me 20” between light and plants(when lights fully drawn to top of tent)

Plants currently 12” tall and I have another 25” to work with during flower.. is that enough?

I’ve don’t LST,and “bowl training”

Ps... don’t hate on the cilantro and basil lol... and sorry for bad pics.. hope this helps

Thanks

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Are you kidding? Love me some basil. The purple is the best kind... heheh. Not kidding about that. An old lady gave me some hydro grown purple basil at a job once. It was the best basil I've ever had in my life.

Those plant look really healthy. Nice work for a noobie. =) They're happy. I would probably bloom them soon if you really only have 25" to work with. Remember as they stretch up you can bend them off to the side and even crease branches that are getting too close back down. It will give you way more tops in the end and massively help your yield if you just keep bending it wide and keep it from getting too close to the light.

Super Cropping Marijuana: Simple Secret to Bigger Yields | Grow Weed Easy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Amazing!

Thank you for the info and kind words, next grow I’m doing outdoors... alllll natural, super souls and teas, very excited

I love this passion

Thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  6. I also flower out of a 4x4 tent but mine is 80" tall. I grow my plants over 4" tall before I flower them and a keep my flower lights sucked up to the top of the tent. That's what's given me the largest yields. Small plants = small yields.

Headroom is important for success indoors. That's why almost all commercial grows are in large high ceiling warehouses.

7. Plants generally double in size when flowering. Indica less so, but I'd attribute more to bud size and less inter-nodal spacing. The picture Tbone pretty much sums it up (and looks much nicer than my pic lol). You want to use every bit of light you have in that space. The ground should be in the shadow. But you've only been vegging 4 weeks, you could go to 8 week veg/8 week flower and have them double in size.

Scrogging is the easiest way (though a pain to setup), but even LSTing will increase yield. Or you can add more plants if you have them. You basically just want to fill up the space. Otherwise its light/space wasted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I jumped the gun and flipped mine when they were about 18” because I got 1000w set up. I have 3 in a 4x4 and wish I would have vegged a lot longer or had 3 more to go with the ones I got. Here they are at 6 week of flower with mild lst training.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Good info!

A buddy of mine has a 2 x 2 tent with a 600 W, for plants touching all four corners and he still virgin. The plants are going to burst at the seams and I don’t want to seem to happen to me. I want good light exposure I’ve done a very serious LST(my clones were lanky and gangly when I picked them up, I had to do a bunch to topping and super cropping along with bowl training and LST to get them to Bush out and promoted a bunch of new budsites) I just started introducing nutrients into the Ph water,silica,cal,mineral matrix and molasses mixture I currently water with because of my soil which is FFOF. I’m hoping to not over crowd my tent and just have a nice even canopy but i also know being my first grow it will be a lot of trial and error.

I appreciate the advice and it’s nice to know the ladies are roughly 8 weeks along

Thank you!

10. Skywalker og in 5gal smart pot, 12” tall.

I think hey have a little more veg? I have 25” clearnece to work with in stretch and flower

Attached Files:

11. It looks great, very full girl! You can veg longer but the stretch will probably get you in my opinion. Are you planning on a scrog?

12. Yes I plan on doing a full Scrog!

13. Then that’s going to slow your vertical growth because you will be constantly spreading the plant and in turn getting a lot more light exposure to the lower growth but maintaining a even canopy. So then it’s going into total area each plant has to stretch. Good example and a guy I follow on YouTube is Grateful grower. He’s in a legal state but is only allowed 4 and he grows some huge ones!

14. Looks great, bend the tall bud sites and I'd flip anytime now.

15. Thank you!

I hear when I flip to use the MH lights and same nutrients for the first two weeks, then switch to HPS and bloom dosage. Is this true? Or can I change the blub and nutrients on day 1 of flowering light schedule?

Thank you

16. She still wants Nitrogen during the first two weeks of flowering. That's when she's going to double in size. You switch to bloom after stretch and switch from cal/mag to mag/sulfur during week 4 flower.

17. I currently water with ph water..silica,cal-mag,mineral matrix,molasses and just now using GH flora trio. (Will switch to all organic next grow) can I add a mag-sulfur to the mix? Or do I need to eliminate the cal-mag altogether?

Thank you

18. She needs calcium while growing, but she needs sulfur to convert starch into sugar while ripening. She always needs mag however. Mag/Sulfur bottles are typically higher in PPM for magnesium than calmag is so you'll need less of the bottle (aka lower PPM/salt) to get mag you need as well.