First Grow progress pics (any comments?)Updated: 3/28/18

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by OGbean98, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Hey guys, I'm at about day 50 since germination of my first grow. I have a northern Lights autoflower in fox Farms Ocean Forest soil in a 5 gallon pot under a HLG Quantum 65 4000K.

I'm pretty sure I've entered the flowering stage (not quite sure how to distinguish between pre flower, which I would say started on the begging of week 6, and actual flower yet.) and I have some fox Farms Nutrients coming in in a few days. I've been putting off Nutrients because I've read that the Ocean Forest soil comes pretty high in Nutrients and that autoflowers don't need much additional liquid Nutrients to begin with. But since it looks like flowering has begun, I figured it would be a good time to start adding them. Also my humidity levels have been around 50-60%.

Here are the pics:
    IMG_0519.JPG IMG_0511.JPG IMG_0512.JPG

Just looking for any feed back or what my next steps might be in my grow process, etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Looking nice! What's your light schedule?

3. Been running 18/6 since germination. I've thought about switching to 20/4 for flower but I've read that you aren't supposed to change the light schedule for autoflowers, but I've also read that light schedule doesn't even affect autoflowers. So I'm a little torn about what to do

• Like Like x 1
  4. Some growers do 24 hours non-stop, but you're fine with the schedule you're on. I wouldn't change it. Looks really healthy!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the feedback! And hearing that it looks healthy is very relieving

6. Nice grow ! looking healthy! . She looks like it will be have big buds :) what is distance of ligth ? Top of leafs getting become light green color.

7. Light distance was at about 1 foot, but I've moved it down a little to closer to 15-18 inches. Is that what is causing the different leaf color, being too close to the light?

8. #8 Ladre, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Probably yes, she is getting light burn. Also it may a zinc deficiency .

• Like Like x 1
  9. I run my autos on 24/0 start to finish. Changing your light schedule will not hurt the plant. More light= more yeild.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sounds good. Hopefully moving my plant a little farther from the light will help. So can A plant show signs of recovering from light burn or do I just fix the Situation and move on from there?

11. You are deff going into flower can see the pistils starting to form. Yeahhh the fun part is gonna start 2 unfold before ur eyes ur humidity is borderline average. If u have means of dropping it to atleast 40-50 % that would b awesome u will get more resin production. But if u r not able to not a big deal with those numbers u posted u will get through ur flowering phase with out a problem. As for nutrients yea u should add a little. Don' go crazy or follow fox farm schedule they have crazy high ppm. They will need food but not nearly as much as one thinks. Watch them they will tell you what they are demanding also u know when weeks 3-4 come there gonna want a little more p/k as that is the bulking week. The plant looks great keep it up and keep it simple like u have been doing don't drown ur plants in bottled nutes.

12. Thank you, and awesome feedback. I should be able to borrow a dehumidifier to lower the humidity to around 40-50. And yeah as far as nutes go, I was planning with starting with 1/4 strength and working my way up to 1/2 being an autoflower. Glad to know I'm on the right track

13. Update: day 71 since germination (week 5 of flower) of my Northern Lights Autoflower. Bud development is thickening and the smell is starting to pick up. I ordered a pocket microscope to look at Trichomes that should be in in a few days. Here's a pic of the one of larger bud sites and wanted to see if anybody could tell me how much longer you think I have to go before harvest?? IMG_0630.JPG

Also I have been reading up on flushing and was wondering if anybody had any advice on when they think I should flush and how exactly the flushing process all works. Again this is my first grow so any feedback is helpful. Thanks guys

14. U got a ways to go. Flushing is easy what medium are you growing in ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Looks so good brotha I just ordered some northern light autos from growers choice! Hopefully I can get mine this healthy an bushy! Congrats man, you’ve got one badass canopy!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  16. U got a ways to go. Flushing is easy what medium are you growing in ?

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. U got a ways to go. Flushing is easy what medium are you growing in ?

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. No idea why that posted 3x

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Fox Farms Ocean Forest

20. Thanks man, only LST I performed was during week 5 when I bent the main stem down and to the side, and the canopy just grew on it's own