First Grow Pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mordecai, Jul 26, 2007.

1. also, maybe its just me but the biggest of the other plants looks pretty healthy and because the light was closer to it, its alot more bushier which is good. and the alpha had the light further away so thats why it looks stretched out and less leafy but still a healthy plant.

2. Possibly.

One more question. Say I end up growing 20 plants the way I am right now with limited space and flouros. The plants could grow up to 8-9 inches tall. Opposed to growing 4 plants out of 4 gallon buckets in a closet thats 8 feet tall and about 4.5 feet wide and deep, each with their own grow light. Which way would I be able to produce a bigger amount of bud with?

3. That IS a nice looking grow. I see what you're doing with the aluminum foil...reflectors, right? I have never used foil, but I've read where that can cause hot spots and burn the tender plants, but hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. With seed of unknown origin, you'll just have to wait to see what develops. When my girl was li'l like that, I thought for sure she was an indica strain, but then as she grew into her leaves, it is pretty obvious that it is sativa.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. From the looks of it, those plants at least predominantly indica (short, dense, dark green, with fat leaves). Some look less indica than others, but predominantly indica. Did you get all the seeds from the same source? The first, alpha, plant looks slightly less indica, that's all. The only difference seems to be just different strains.

The shorter plant looks like it's meant to grow short, but not that short, make sure your light is always about 4 inches from the top of the plant and you move it up slowly, but continuously to stimulate vertical growth.

Oh and OldSkool, from the looks of it and the fact that it's from an unknown source, your plant is still probably significantly indica. Pure or even predominant sativa strains grow really, really long, skinny leaves and tend to be very tall upwards of 5 ft. and NEVER grow as dense as your plant looks. Even in a small pot, sativas may not grow so tall, but they'll never have two branches/leaf sets within 3 inches of each other. Looks like you still have an amazing plant tho. Besides, sativa strains are only found close to the hemisphere in areas like India, Mexico, Nigeria, e.t.c... where they have extremely long summers cuz sativas require like 4 months to fully flower. In most other places, the frost comes too early for a sativa to reach full flowering maturity outdoors.

5. Alright, so I've been looking at other peoples grows and their plants are a lighter green than all of mine. What does this mean?....Bad buds?

6. Ok, so I've got a few updates. First, I'm going out of town for 4 days. Plants should be ok? I'm gonna give them a nice fresh watering before I leave for the airport.

Also, the Alpha plant seems to be getting taller and it look as healthy as can be... except the leaves dont seem to be growing too fast. Its light is only about 7-8 inches away right now, which is as close as I can go before it gets too hot for the plant. It's confusing me because everything seems to be ok and growing fine... except the leaves.

Heres a pic...
    [​IMG]
    PIC TAKEN ON DAY 23

Does anybody have some good news for me?

7. Well, my plant IS upwards of 5 ft. tall (actually just a bit over 6') I live within the tropic of cancer, so yes, we do have long, hot, humid summers. to date, she's been growing about 5 months, and it looks like it will be at least one more before the buds are mature.