First grow pics! Some help needed!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cheekrox, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Hi guys. I was smoking some weed a while back and had managed to savage 2 seeds out of the roll I had got. I'm from India, usually the buds we get there contain seeds as well. Now, I decided to try and grow my own after a fair bit of reading up. [​IMG] Its been 3 months since I've planted them and this is how they look today. I've put them in the 12-12 cycle, wherein I put them inside my cupboard for the night. I make sure that the darkness is not disturbed. I would just like to know your opinion on what stage the plant is in and general comments. [​IMG] I'm a new to this, so I hope you'll be a bit forgiving. [​IMG] I've defoliated the leaves based on some reading up and tied the main branch of one of the plants so that it bends a bit. [​IMG] I water them every 2 days and I'm not using any special soil. I do see some primary buds here and there but I would love some comments on how to increase them. Its already been on this 12-12 cycle for about 2-3 weeks now.

Attached Files:

2. Plz take pictures closer up..(pics of the buds especially).
    Hard to see from here. but you are looking for white pistils (White hairs pointing upwards)..
    hate yo be guessing, but that looks to be a male from here..NO PISTILS = Male..JMHO

3. Hey. Thanks for the reply! Well, I have looked it up online and I dont see the "balls", so I think its female. Anyway, I do see the white hairs pointing upwards. I've attached a few closups, if it helps. :)

Attached Files:

4. It does look to be female with the white pistals ,
    Looks to stretched a little too much, sun light could be 3 month bloom in sun or more
    What bloom nutes you using still will need nitrogen too being a sativa thats going to keep growing vertical

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. well the picture of the plant that showing the one stem of the plant is Female its got white pistells starting to grow on the top and along the stem ,,,,looks like by the thin leaves its a sativa plant that could take 12 weeks to flower till harvest maybe longer just j using the window for sunlight ,,plus it will probably grow even taller as it grows ,,,,but luck with it all the best......mac

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'm not using any form of nutrition. Just watering it every 2-3 days and I put it away inside my cupboard at 8PM every day. I take it out again at 8AM the next morning.

7. Ahhhh MUCH better..Now I see the white Pistils!! Take it all back..LOOKS FEMALE !!:)
    The idea of bending stems to get more light to the bud sites is called Low Stress training..(LST).
    Your bud sites are a bit far apart and if the stems are even a little brittle, they could snap..
    At this point, I would concentrate on fattening up those existing buds..Are you using flowering nutrients?
    They are made especially to give the plant what is needed during flower..

I suggest feeding BACKSTRAP Molasses (NON sulfured).. That feeds the microbes in the soil and not the plant!
    www.amazon.in/Plantation-Organic-Blackstrap-Molasses-Bottle/dp/B000QV19BM

I do not see any nutrients that I am familiar with but maybe look here!
    www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dhpc&field-keywords=plant+flower+nutrient&rh=n%3A1350384031%2Ck%3Aplant+flower+nutrient&ajr=0

• Like Like x 1

8. So today morning I read about LST. I've since used a shoe-lace on the main stem to bend it sideways a bit. As for nutrients, I don't have any. I just use water. But perhaps I should be using some then? I'm currently in Belgium, so I guess I'll go look at the local stores for the molasses you mentioned.

But if I don't use nutrients, would they take a lot longer to properly buff up? Coz Its been 3-4 months almost and from most forum posts, I assume that my plant is taking excessively longer time.

9. Yes, especially with unknown plain soil..I looked for Amazon in Belgium but couldn't find them,Good luck with your grow..:)

10. Thanks a lot. yeah, we dont have an amazon here. But I'll take a look at the local stores. So, Tl; dr: i'm not doing anything wrong so far, right? Like, its just slow coz of the strain?

11. Probably a combination of strain, nutrients (I do not see any deficiencies though, and maybe the LIGHT??)
    Here is a chart for you JUST IN CASE something happens..
    Nute Problems.jpeg

12. Thank you so much! Uhm, I'm using sunlight, but that there's plenty of it. Literally! I live on the main road and the plant is on the sill where sun shines like 16 hours a day!

13. Yikes you are doing great with the plant on the window sill!:)
    Hope we all helped, and best wishes for a nice harvest!!

14. Oh Gosh. Thank you so much. I was so worried that I'm not doing something right. So the flowering stage is slow just coz of the strain, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hi guys, thanks for all your help. I'm afraid I have one more small issue, I seem to be having these burn-ups with the leaves. Also, someone pointed out that having two plants in the same pot is not a great idea. And that I may be overwatering them. I water once every 3 days or so and I only water when I see the top layer is dry. I have attached some pictures of the leaves, kindly suggest what can be done. From the images Ive seen, I think its potassium excess? But I'm not sure. Also, I was thinking of perhaps changing the soil since indeed its been three months and the two plants may have used up all the nutrients.

I have below a link of the type of soil I'd like to buy, if its not too much trouble, can you please help me choose the right one?

Terreau universel en pot Compo 'Sana' 4,8 L | Brico

Terreau universel en pot Compo 'Sana' 3,5 L | Brico

Terreau universel Base Line 40 L | Brico

Terreau DCM 'Maison & Jardin' 10 L | Brico

Terreau à acheter? Trouvez les terreaux en ligne

All the help is much appreciated! :)

Attached Files:

16. Sorry, But I am a Dummy and only speak 2 languages..English and BAD English
    (Thanks Bruce Willis(The 5th Element)..LOL)

A soil that is used for Veggies (Nothing with Nutrients would be good) I MUST have Perlite in it or you must be able to
    add some yourself..Usually a good Natural Organic soil will work..nothing fancy..If you can't find Perlite, Vermiculite or even small irregular shaped stones will provide the drainage needed!

17. Thank you so much! You've been really helpful! If you don't mind me asking, can you please temme what is wrong with the plant deficiency/excess wise? I looked up the chart you sent me but am unable to form a conclusion.

18. A pleasure to try and help.

I am not that good with deficiencies, but it looks like you have quite a few things going on..Over watering, Lack of Nitrogen (Light green color), Calcium/Magnesium deficiency, and MORE + you need some bamboo sticks to support the leaning branches (or something else to support them)..

You can usually help the deficiencies, by using a lightweight Nutrient regimen ..maybe like Fish Emulsion..(Should be easy and cheap to find..Of course their are some really great and more expensive nutes around, just do NOT OVER Do IT!! (General Hydroponics, Canna, Advanced etc)

19. Got it! So I shall change the soil for now. I assume changing the soil and maybe observing it over 1-1.5 weeks will help. I assume the fresh soil would have the nutrients. As for the leaning, well, I actually used LST to bend it, otherwise they were growing quite fine on their own actually. I'll use the fish emulsion in 2 weeks or so after changing the soil, that way I'll know if the soil change helped or not.

Would this be the right approach? :)

20. Sounds good, Just make sure the new soil does not have its own nutes..:)
    I use LST as well, but have the supports ready just in case Big Colas develop and need support..My last grow..see all the Bamboo (Used LST and Scrog too!)
    I over did it with all the Bamboo, but would have hated to lose anything..LOL
    5-24-17  Before the Flush.jpg