First grow, (pics) could use advice.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by underwood, Jan 7, 2011.

1. I'm growing these plants as a little weed source as well as practice.
    I've put them into flowering early, which is why they're short, but... I did that on purpose.

I cant write much right now due to time, but... those are two plants.

Any tips for while the plant is in budding?

The pictures entitled George... i cut all fan leafs off of it, including 150 other leafs. after they grew back, and such. i've just been chopping the hell out of it, but it looks nice imo.

Attached Files:

2. Looks good so far.. However i have a few suggestions for your next grow..

Avoid removing any fan leaves unless they are dying off.. Those are your solar panels.. The plant uses these throughout the flowering process for energy.. Its not until the last week or so that they will die off using up the nutrients and nitrogen from the leaves to focus on bud production..

If you need to remove one because it is shadding other areas, just tuck it under somewhere.. If the plant is not using it, it will shed them by themselves..

Remove the large fan leaves during flowering will cause the buds to be airy and fluffy.. Loosing dense quality that everyone strives for..

3. Well, that makes sense... I`m trying to compensate the leaf cutting with some more lights, and a spray every other day before lights turn on, as well as the SLIGHTEST bit of merical grow, just... for a merical.

George, the plant that ISN`T one stock with bud, has really small nugs and the hairs are turning colour already, which scares me that they wont grow much bigger.

What other things could I do to compensate for the leaf cutting I did during the veg stage (question mark)

4. #4 underwood, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2011
    So... Next grow, I hope that not cutting any leafs will produce bigger / more dense buds...
    Any more advice? -- recent picture update --

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. feed with 1tbs of molasses per 1g water...
    pretty good for some practice bud.

Ummm ... what Jamacian said about the fan leaves.

Did you name your GIRLS bill and george ... (picture tags)

6. I may try that technique.

Yes we did, haha. ... names have some value.

7. Almost ready to harvest? Might wait another 5 days or so... But... Might not. ^^.

Attached Files:

8. Alright,
    so it's harvest time...

I want to have a lot of females for this season (outdoors), i have 40 little ones popping up, but I'm afraid the male count will be high.
    I was thinking of individually plucking each bud and drying, then clone each branch so i ahve 10 guaranteed females...
    Suggestions?Thoughts?

9. When i first started, i popped a bunch of beans.. Finally came across a female that was a prize winner in my garden..

After harvesting her, i didnt completely chop her down..

I then put her back into veg and have been cloning her ever since..

Best to get you a proven female, keep her in veg and clone her.. She will eventually get to big so about every third cycle, one of the clones becomes a new mother..