First Grow - PC Box

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by breNTx22, Feb 10, 2011.

1. ImageShack Album - 6 images

This is my first grow. I just got the box set up. It's not meant for anything big, just getting my feet wet.

I have a 14w LED set up with blue/red lights. 1 intake and 1 exhaust fan powered by a 380w Antec power supply. My kill-a-watt says it uses about 19w.

I'm hoping it will be enough to at least get one up so I can practice.

I'm concerned about heat and lack of light so I may be picking up a light bulb (65w, 6000k)

2. Good luck man, I'll keep up on the grow.

3. im thinking you will definitely need a bigger light but that will also solve the temperature problem at the same time. my friend had one of these and it got really hot with a 42w and a 23w bulb in there so you definitely won't need a heat source.

4. Well I am considering getting another light. I'm looking at a 65w 6500k CFL on amazon. ~$28 shipped. I would also get an Light bulb socket to wall socket adapter and an extension cable and then mount that somewhere in my case. All of that comes to about $45. My concern is that a lot of them are advertising that they make next to no heat. Can anyone suggest me a bulb for this budget build?

5. You're paying for the quality, if you get a cheap bulb it will burn out quick which will cost you more in the long run. Just save the money and wait until you can buy a good bulb.

6. that light from amazon would probably be pretty decent. i just use 42w 6500k CFLs from home depot, that cost about $12 or less if i remember. they aren't too hot but they definitely generate a bit of heat especially in a place that small. they'd probably also have the extension and socket stuff you need for a decent price too