First grow NL express auto

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MCSgrows, Aug 26, 2018.

1. This is my first grow journal and I will update weekly with my plants progress.

Strain - NL Express Auto from Pheonix Seeds
    Soil - Fox Farms Ocean Forest with 30% perlite
    Light - QB-288 V2 3000k on 18/6 schedule
    Tent - 2x2x4 cheapo Ebay tent
    Fans - Powermaxx 6 inch inline fan and filter with variac for speed control and 2 small clip on fans inside tent

If anyone has any other questions or any tips please feel free to ask and share!

• Like Like x 2
  2. 20180826_172451.jpg
    End of week 1 day 7. She is gradually starting to grow faster and I'm happy with her so far. Just feeding straight ph 6.5 water for now.

• Like Like x 2
  3. looks good man, Ive just started my first grow, doing a journal on my autos as well so best of luck ill be following

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cool man, I'll check in with yours too!

5. Hopefully we can help each other out as were both newbies haha

6. Yep haha

7. Day 10 - Started LST today. Not sure if I'm doing it right but let me know! I only have 41" from the board to the floor of the tent so height is limited, that's why I'm trying to start early. I used pipe cleaners cut down to about 2-3 inches and bent into a U shape then stuck them in the soil just enough to hold.

8. pipe cleaners are great. Thats what I did for LST as well, but I stuck them into my netpot in a dwc bucket. Just wait a few days in between bends so the plant doesn't freak out lol. I continue bending all long branches in a counter-clockwise direction around my pot as i have a height restriction too. They will all catch up with one another and create some great tops. I only bend when I veg, nothing during flowering.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I will post the picture later. Having problems with the site right now.

10. i started LST later in veg, but still had great results. I have friends that start early. They make them grow all kinds of crazy shapes but end up with great buds. Making the most of what you have.

11. I just sort of pulled it over and down with one pipe cleaner on each true leaf sort of pulling them away from each other.

12. Yup thats it. The stock should have kind os a S bend. Then just wait a day or two until it looks "happy" again, and pull it down again. The top will keep reaching for the light so it will turn back up almost overnight.
    I did my first LST under simple 65w cfls and I was amazed.

13. Do you pull it back down the opposite way?

14. i started by pulling it towards me then secured it. The top will be pointing towards you, kind of. Tomorrow, the top will be pointing back up again. After a bit of growth (2"?) then i bend it to the right so its now laying down again. In a few days the top goes up again, repeat.
    You can pretty much have it go around the entire circumference of your container. It will get busy but also grow lots of tops. They are always looking for the light right.

15. Ok that makes sense! I've done a lot of reading on LST but for some reason I cant understand exactly how to do it. I guess there isn't really a right or wrong way you just have to experiment.

16. Correct. Just imagine what you want it to look like before flowering. The LST really helps to make regular branches accept the light they wouldnt normally see.
    You can bend whatever way you want but listen to the plant and beware of the stock becoming more rigid as it grows. Bending when its maturing could result in a broken stock/branch.slow and steady

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ok, thanks for the advice!

18. Looking good!
    Im going to keep an eye on your grow, im starting a NL auto also, my first grow.