First Grow, needing a liitle help to piece it all together

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stoned_Stew_UK, Feb 9, 2014.

1. looking good.
    I love that little special plant in the bottem right corner hehehe. Its so cute, and special ^_^

2. Lol, i think that one is camera shy! Always trying to hide behind that leaf!

They seemed to perk up quite a bit after their feed about 5 days ago, then tailed off and started looking sad and pale again, i watered yesterday and they perked up but still looked a bit pale! And they seemed to be a bit sad again today...
    I cant bloody tell if they are over or under watered lol

The pots are still fairly heavy atm, prob be another 2 days before they feel light.

Do you recon they might be ready to handle slightly stronger nute mix now, Ive been at about 25-30% think they could handle 50%?

I'm also getting tempted to trim those yellow leaves off at the bottom, they don't get any greener even when the rest of the plant does, but they don't seem to be getting any worse either!
    Cant decide if trimming them will help or hinder what say you guys?

3. No, definitely not, (IMO) The plants are really small still, think of it as if you where to eat 50 vitamin's instead of just one lol. HONESTLY I definitely think they are getting to much  nutes. I would just go pure water for a while flush all bad things out, then go from there, I don't think they even need nutes right now, if you do i would only go like 10-15%.
    That is my opinion, and what I have read and learned. But yeah yellow leaves probably from nute burning, almost 100% on that one, i had the same problem. I still only feed mine every two weeks, and that is just organic shit.
    AND Yes I would trim them, again just my opinion, plant is trying to save and help those leaves, but they are useless now, trim them off, and the energy will go to the healthier and stronger leaves, I honestly honestly think you just giving to many nutes, that could be a major play in the pale leafs as well.
    Peaace ! :smoke:

4. i'll get those yellow leaves trimmed off today  and just use PHed water for a while again, like you suggest dude.

Yea i know i 2 defiantly got nute burn at one point cos of the  the unwashed compost i topped them up with! 
    They really seemed to look better and greener after their feed at the beginning of the week though, man these plants are so awkward hard to tell between nute burn and N deficiency :confused_2:  (except where the leaf tips have gone brown)

Wish they'd get on with it now and explode into a frenzy of growth  :poke:

just wanted to clarify on the nute mix ive been using. instructions on the AN nutes have seedling, small & large plant doses on it!
    1ml/L - seedling... 2ml/L - small plant... 4ml/L - large plant

ive been mixing at 25% small plant dose, 0.5ml/L  (i have some 0.5ml syringes that have 0.01ml measurements, and some larger 2ml syringes that have 0.5ml measurements)

Lol, i just had a thought.... between the 3 of us, at least someone should get something decent out of it lol 
    Although i'm feeling like the one in the middle PMSL
    Healthywealthy.jpg

5. All trimmed up now :)
    I think my F1s are thirsty (pots light as a feather), and my bagseed are over watered (still heavy).... Go figure

image.jpg

6. hahaha, I think we all feel like the middle dude x D.
    Your setup, and bulbs are way nicer then mine, I think you will in the end get better results then me, I am only growing two plants, IDK even if they are female or not, haha.
    And, my friend was here reading this with me..I think the best thing to do is just keep doing straight up water, at that small they do not need much nutes, the soil provide quite a bit.
    My friends advice : Continue only water for at lease two weeks, then see the results. With all the nutes in the soil, to begin with, and the nutes in the soil itself will easily do it good for a long while.just let it flush out, start fresh, then go from there.
    Idk, hope I helped a lil, haha I still a complete noob, I just getting guided from my friend, thank god, otherwise my plant would be dead x D

7. ALSO! Looking good dude, I can see them picking up a lot more now..Those f1's are kicking ass ;)

8. Friend wanted to type this for you:
    Do not over think it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People make it sound complicated, just leave them. Give them 24 hrs of light, and water them when they need it. I think it will help quite a lot, from what I see and read, you are giving to many nutes, they really don't need any nutes at this point, or at this size I should say, they really are quite small and cant handle much nutes at all.

9. Righto dudes, and thank your mate for his input on em too!

Straight water it is for the next fortnight, thanks man

10. And just to be clear my friend meant 24-7 light, sorry bout that :p
    and yeah,  If they get no nutes, they will just grow slower, and not as healthy, but that is what they are already doing, which makes me think they are getting to much.
    Basically me and my friends theory : If they start to improve, then obviously you are giving them to much. If they start to slow down even more, then obviously they where not getting enough..
    So basically if they start to improve in 6 days or so, the problem is to much nutes.

Sorry I tried to take my time to type this, I am really stoned right now, if no make sense just say x  D.

11. #112 Stoned_Stew_UK, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
    Its ok, i understood. Lol

I cant go to 24/0 lighting really as they have already started to flower, don't want be stressing em out and risking hermies at this point!

I have considerably more plants than planned what with popping the F1s and the other 4 all still being alive!
    But ill struggle through this grow and fix things for my second lol

They have only had 3 feeds so far, 1st i defo burnt them, the other 2 i thought perked em up... Will leave it for a couple of weeks on just water like you said to be sure though!

12. oh yeah, damn..
    Ok, well good luck bro, and hope all works out.

13. Should start really growing very soon. Serious update coming from me later tonight. 3confirmed females and 1 unknown. Very Very excited about 1 in particular.

My posts are either hypothetical, theoretical, or fiction. All pictures and claims are stolen or false. This form of communication is for entertainment purposes only.

14. imho you are overwatering. that's why they are yellow and scrunchy looking. Let them dry more and water less often.:D

Twas Ever Thus!

15. #116 AmatureProGro, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
    Every single thing I have read say the #1 issue ppl have is overwater.
    #2 is too much nutes.

These seem to be way more redundant in my readings than light, humidity, co2, ventilation, container, etc. it's a weed. Weeds grow. I like the don't overthink it part.

My posts are either hypothetical, theoretical, or fiction. All pictures and claims are stolen or false. This form of communication is for entertainment purposes only.

16. Ive been watering to the 'feel the weight of the pot' rule, and i have been letting them get really feather light before re-watering!
    Its approx 4 days between waters, but i will resist temptation and give them an extra couple of days before watering over the next couple of weeks!

So my goal for the next fortnight is:
    1. Water only,
    2. Leave em to dry out more between waterings

17. wow to me four days inbetween sounds like a long time in those tiny pots. Maybe that's not the issue.

18. Bit late with pic today, my Tonka toy turned up so have been bust greasing and tinkering with that!

image.jpg

19. #120 Stoned_Stew_UK, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    I did notice they they seemed to pick up quite a bit after that feed early last week...
    Don't forget i flushed the compost before using to try and clean out most of the nutes and that they are considerably older than they look because of the stunting!

(Edit)
    I watered Sat, when i trimmed those dead leaves off... They looked a bit over watered on Sun...
    Anyhow, i turned them out of the pots today and there are roots around the sides of the pot.... They aren't root bound but there are a fair few roots visible! Top 2/3 is dry dry, bottom 1/3 is just ever so slightly damp still...

(Edit 2)
    I will try and remember to take a pic of the root system tomorrow... Perhaps that my be able to shed some additional possible problems?
    Although i cant exactly repot them unless i loose a couple out of the cab first as there isn't enough room to go more than 1 pot size up, which would be pretty futile!