First Grow, need some advice.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Smugbl4ck, Feb 18, 2009.

1. I've been reading these forums for awhile now and have decided I'd like to start growing. I plan on using Rumpleforeskin's amazing guide on building a bubble bucket found here http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/121335-lets-build-bubble-bucket-step-step.html Thank you Mr. Foreskin. I plan on building two systems so i can alternate flowering stages and have a semi consistent harvest, my questions are as follows: What sort of lights should i use for this size grow, where can i find what/how much of the fertilizers I'll need, and also I'm assuming this should be done inside some kind of grow box, so how much space do you think I'll need? I really want to get all this stuff out of the way before I jump headfirst into it and ruin a potentially awesome experience. So what does everybody think? Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

2. *bump* Nobody has any input?

3. as far as the ferts go, get fox farm, you can follow the fox farm nute feeding schedule, and estimate about how much u may need then buy it, i stick mainly to organic so i cant provide any other information. sorry

4. Ask Rumple

5. #5 Mr.Tangent, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    well your on to a good start with the alternating boxes...

go to youtube, watch Mr.greenthumbs 1-9 videos like 6mins each..well worth it.

1000w cover 4by4, so make a 6by6 box OR a 600w cover 3by3, so make a 5by5 box.
    not sure the coverage on 400w, i use 1000w only?? personally id do 2 boxes with 600w in each. frame the boxes out of 2x4's and cover in panda film or black/white poly(same thing)...get 2/3 fans for each to move air inside them....air cooled hoods keep rooms/boxes cooler and you could hook up the duct from one to another....exhaust fan(s) your buckets....

and nutrients a 4l jug of each should be more than enough..... need a therm/hygrometers for each room. and for nutes you should get a tds meter(measure strength of nutes) and a ph meter aswell....

6. Thanks everybody for the replies, looks like It's gonna be a little while before this get's going, gonna have to start saving my pennies i didn't realize how pricey this would get, good thing i asked before i started buying stuff.