First Grow Need Help (Northern Lights)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by havek36, Apr 13, 2009.

1. I'm going to make my first grow in my closet which is 2x5 and is 7 feet tall. I was planning on having a SOG with 9 six inch by six inch pots. I plan on using a 400w HPS, but dont know where to get one. I live in ontario,Canada If anyone has any suggestions on where to get a light or how to optimise my growing space please let me know thnx

2. lol bit of a silly question as googling 400W hps would have returned ample results but...

I'd recommend going on ebay, you'll get second hand ballasts dirt cheap and then buy the bulb itself from any of the thousands of the online hydroponic stores

In that space you'll get much better results using 600W btw, and it's more efficient and in my experience the ballasts are actually cheaper to get second hand oddly enough

In terms of optimizing your growing space, get a cooltube so you can hang the light closer to the plants and cover the walls with mylar.

peace

3. Can i sue fluros instead because theyll be cheaper And how many

4. dont use mylar...unless you want to be buying it all the time.....Over time mylar accumulates a film of grime...which is close to impossible to clean..and it cuts it ability to refelct light..so dont waste you time and money...i would recoment painting the walls Egg shell white or buying something called black and white polly visqueen plastic....90% reflective and last a heck of a lot longer than Mylar...Hope this helped :D

5. The walls are painted flat white is that ok?

6. Yeah...In fact Flat white pain is just as reflective as most of the things you can buy now a days...:D

7. This might sound liek a stupid question but once i hav harvested can i use the plants again and put them into Veg state or r they useless?

8. After harvest their gone, but you can easily clone the plants duing veg. stages, their are plenty of videos on cloneing on youtube. Wheather you find cloneing videos for pot or tomatoes the idea is the same.

9. www.discounthydroponics.com is located in barrie and i asume you know where that is. if you want look up hydroponic stores and the name of you closeest city. i would go with atleast 5 gallon pots. you will be able to fit them in there. and if you want to keep your plants hight down i would just grow auto flowering.

10. Also I would suggest growing 4 full plants instead of 9 sog, the yield will be higher. I mean if your going to break the law and risk a felony you might as well make it worth your time.