First grow. Need help diagnosing a sick plant and any tips for a first time grower.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Qazpoop, Jan 1, 2019.

1. 6685EADE-8AA6-414D-94B3-AE9BD182D556.jpeg 25691442-C9A1-4DD2-B64C-C9A37ABD4657.jpeg 51407384-A0B4-49B9-8543-BD59AA0D8012.jpeg C1495867-13B4-4E9A-88D1-B5000E3A2044.jpeg
    I’m trying to figure out how to post a photo. Did that work? Is there any better ways of posting photos? I have an iPhone. Anyway I’m growing my first plant indoors Which is a diamond og clone taken from a plant in flowering. It was doing good for the first couple months with slow growth but it was green and looking healthy. But in the last two weeks it has turned yellow starting at the tops and the leaves seem to be burning in different spots including the tips. The plant isn’t dead but it isn’t growing at all and is looking very sick. I have it in soil in a 7 gallon smart pot. I’ve been watering it with tap water with a mix of veg and flowering nutrients at 1000 ppm with ph at 6.5. I used molasses and vinegar to bring down the ph. The box it is in is also kinda warm at maybe 85-90 Fahrenheit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope you could view that photo. Let me know if you can’t see it. Thanks.

Ok I just figured out how to post a photo lol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Drainage
    Perlite I don’t see, need perlite 30-40%. Do you water to runoff
    What are you feeding her?
    What soil is that looks very dense and compacted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. I agree 100% obviously your girl is in her home now so let her dry up good once dried up then start with small watering
    I’m nooooo expert at all but Iv grown and am growing in some soil most growers would cringe at because it’s hard compact. But key if your there already just don’t over water ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I believe @Hunter2348 is right. Gotta add some perlite to that soil. I'm taking a wild guess and say that at some point the roots had nowhere to go (due to compacted dirt) and weren't able to take in any nutes and the deficiencies started to kick in.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks for replying. The smart pot is raised up about an inch for drainage, but you’re right that there is 0 perlite. I hope that I can still add some.

6. Although it would be a pain, it wouldn’t be impossible to take out the scrog net and repot her with some soil mixed with perlite. Do you think this would be worth it to do? I don’t mind if it sets me back another week or two if it will make a difference later in her life. Thanks.

7. Same, plan on adding perlite nxt round.

8. I don’t believe no perlite is ur issue. I’ve yet to use any. IMO it’s ur root temps. 15-20 deg to high. 71-75 is perfect

9. Don’t get me wrong. No perlite will make for smaller root ball. I’ve seen it with some of mine. But they still grow ok.... my friend I gave 6 female clones to... same kinda looks as urs Told him same thing. To damn hot in his closet/room, Prob some root rot going on

10. Remix repot with 50% perlite
    She’ll be happier. Always amend with
    Perlite!!!!! Good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yes. Temperature has been an issue as I’m growing in a small box, really the best I can do to keep it cooler is remove a light and keep the door open. I’ll work on the temp and probably repot it in soil mixed with perlite. Thanks

12. Alright thanks, I’m gonna do it today.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I’m assuming box isn’t air tight... cut some small holes and buy some cheap fans/computer fans or w.e to draw some cooler air In

14. Blows my mind. I’ve been told 20-50% mix with perlite lol. Been to lazy to buy and mix it so I just been using ff soil. After these 13 plants finish and I have an idea of how it grows without the added perlite, I’ll then start adding it so I can see the difference. Always good to hear it but when u see the difference urself....

15. When reporting to mix in perlite. Should one disturb the roots? Or just add perlite to the soil under and around the soil/rootball. I’ve seen a lot of gardening shows and when planting outside they break the rootball up at bottom.

16. The beauty of perlite[​IMG][​IMG]
    And mixed in soil

17. Oh I’m not arguing it don’t promote good growth lol. I just haven’t gotten to that yet. I’m doing as lil as possible and making adjustments as needed. Last pic, how long did it have to veg to get that thick?!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Couple months

19. I do actually have 2 computer fans built into the box. Don’t seem to do much though. It might be because of the carbon filter I have over the exhaust fan.

20. What temp is the room the air is coming from. If ur able. Get flex duct coming in at bottom drawing are from over ac vent in summer or outside in winter. On mine right were the Intake comes in at bottom I have a fan blowing that air on the underside thru plants