Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

First Grow need advise

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JoeTheWork, Nov 30, 2011.

1. I planted 4 fruity chronic juice seeds in potting soil 10 days ago. Im using a Super HPS 400 watt, placed approximately 16inched above the tops of the seedlings. After 10 days it seems the rate of growth is lackin. They are each about 2-3 inches tall and developing their 2nd-3rd set of leaves. i have only been watering occasionally as i do not want to overwater. I have a fan constantly blowing and the temps are in the low 80s. How can i help to speed up the growth?

2. Invent a time machine. But seriously there is nothing that you could really do to speed up growth, maybe a MH would help a bit during veg growth, but it is what it is, they just need time to grow. The best thing you could do is dial your temps in and make sure your ph is good and be patient.

3. alright i understand it takes time for them to grow and develop, but compared to other seedling pictures ive seen the leaves seem to be smaller and not as wide.

4. all strains grow at different rates. my Blue mystic is way behind the other seedlings I planted and it is in the same room under all the same exact conditions. if in fact yours growth is retarded, there are a number of factors that could be doing it.

insufficient lighting (not your issue)
    poor soil mix (soil to compact restricting root growth)
    improper PH
    Over fert.
    heat.
    over watering
    under watering

these are some of the issue and their many more I am sure.