*First Grow* Manure Pile Purple + Blackberry Haze Clones - 4 plants

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CAPT.CHRONIC420, Aug 29, 2012.

1. #1 CAPT.CHRONIC420, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
    To see these plants growing up, visit my epic indoor grow journal on grasscity. First time grow...

Basically, I had no room for 5 plants and moved them to a mountain Horse Maneur Pile in an open field...

They were raised under led lights from March 27th - May 10th when I transplanted them to mother nature. The girls were just starting to stress from being in peat pots for too long, but they had very strong stems. I wasn't worried about them being killed by weather...

100% ORGANIC

Attached Files:

2. #2 CAPT.CHRONIC420, Aug 29, 2012
    I visited within 2 days to make sure they survived transplant, but did not return for 1 month.

2 did well and established their female characteristics, 2 got eaten by some animal that dug the pot out to eat the peat (both saved), and 1 was a male... total 4 plants.

Attached Files:

3. Another plant disappeared. This time I did not find it's peat pot anywhere. It was gone. 3 plants left...

Attached Files:

4. If you followed the link from the initial post, you'd see that I cloned a blackberry haze plant from an indoor grow and got 2 healthy seedlings from it.

On July 8th, I go check up on how BB transplanted and then take a peek at the other 3 plants...

All 3 had their stems turn into STALKS! I had never seen them so big! :D

Attached Files:

5. The BB clones are thriving in their own habitat, away from the other 3 large plants. They are not getting eaten nearly as much as the other 3 either and I'd like it to stay that way!

1 of the 3 showed itself as a male and had to be pulled... massive stalk on that one, but not the biggest! The bigger one was so bushy, I had to trim it for like 20 mins! Many branches were not getting adequate sunlight.

All that's left are 2 BB clones and 2 big plants.

Attached Files:

6. #6 CAPT.CHRONIC420, Aug 29, 2012
    At some point between now and the date of the last post, I trimmed all the plants heavily. I sacrificed the smaller branches for the bigger ones...and when I say small branches, I mean not massive!

On this return, the plants had just started flowering maybe a week ago and I was surprised by the colors!

The BB clones are not showing that "berriness" yet. They are simply white with no stank. They do have purple veins, so I am anticipating either blue or purple. Each clone was topped and trimmed so they each have 2 main branches and that's it. By the looks of things, I'm expecting a 1 oz yield from each.

When I went to check out the other 2 big girls, I couldn't believe it!!! The smaller one that I had laid over was lavender PURP! Bagseed purps? With 5 big colas, I'm expecting yield to be around 2 oz. This healthy girl stinks! No water feedings, just rain! :yay:

As for the bigger girl, her previous trimming has just started making an effect on the bigger colas. This massive bush with massive stalk should yield at least 2 oz! Her buds are just starting, but look nothing special... just some dank white!

Aside from the ongoing indoor tent grow, I have these babies as a bonus and they are looking just as headie! This will continue until October and the tent... I need your help to decide what to do with them! Please refer to the initial post to check that journal out!

Attached Files:

7. Looks good , the purple colors are coming in nicely. By October though it will really show it;s true colors once the temperatures drop down a bit.

8. Hell yeah! Looks like the fan leaves are getting coated! I'd like to make a batch of brownies with clippings alone to see just how much they really have!

9. #9 CAPT.CHRONIC420, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
    The BB clones are taking forever to fatten their buds. They stink up close and are very very sticky, but don't yet have the blackberry fruitynes smell yet. My friend had it at a party labor day weekend and I was able to rekindle my relationship with the strain. Can't wait til the buds mature!

The purples are turning into the dankest bud I've ever seen. I've smoked purple strains like grandaddy and Bubba Kush, but this is way colorful! See for yourself... It smells like fruity pebbles... strong... 1 month before harvest! Fat colas!

The bigger tree smells the same so it will def be the same strain, but it does not have the purple tint the other one has... Though it does smell the same if not stronger!

Attached Files:

10. Nice im late on this one, but congrats on the trees man. I feel like Jack and the Beanstock lookin up at those. Purps turn me on too, there's nothin like tokin bud that tastes like straight purple either. Again lookin good Capn!

11. Now the Blackberry Clones are getting fatter, but buds are branchy like sour diesel. The colas are not fat and dense, instead they are just a bunch of fluffy .3 nuggets all the way so far. The smell is very fruity and they are more sticky than any other plant. I hope the rain were supposed to get will spice things up!

The purples are getting very fat huge colas. It's almost making me nervous that they stand out so much from their surrounding vegetation now...

Especially the tree. Everything else is losing height and starting to change color so I may have to push it down more. The tree I'm surprised doesn't have nearly as much purple as the other, but stinks much much stronger!

A weed had taken over one of the branches and it was dying so I pulled it off and trimmed it to hang with the harvest from my tent grow. What strain do you think this is?

Attached Files:

12. We had some pretty bad storms the other day so I went to see how everything held up. I also decided to feed them some Neptune's Harvest for their last feeding. I was able to fit 6 Simply bottles in my backpack then loaded them with water and the Neptunes.

All the plants were good except the smaller of the purple trees. The surrounding vegetation had captured it and pulled it to the ground, where light wasn't adequate. I don't know if it got weathered or eaten, but it was only holding on to the ground by a tiny root. The main stalk was completely detached so I thought it was best to take it while I knew it was healthy, not wait to see if it might keep getting bigger.

I took it home and it took me about 3 hours to trim it all. Shit looks like candy. WHAT STRAIN IS THIS?

Attached Files:

13. Thats too bad man but doesn't look bad, looks like some kinda blackberry but it could just be purps. Just not full color. This was a bag seed plant??

How long you drying/curing?

14. Yeah, bagseed from some kind of headies from the past. Not sure exactly what strain.

Drying in cardboard dry box with fan for 5-7 days then curing in jars for a week plus...

Any tips?

15. Yea it could just be color from cold temps too?.. But the mystery is half the fun with bagseed :)

How big is the fan? you don't want it crankin in your box.

And I'd cure for atleast 2-3 weeks, big difference in potency the longer you wait. And make sure to "burp" the jars 2-3 times a week and you should be good. Oh yea keep your curing jars in the dark.

A great thread here on GC is http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-marijuana/424138-simple-harvest-cure-step-step.html

This^^is even simpler than a dry box Imo but if you got it set up already, use it! You makin hash or anything with the trimmings?

16. Thanks for your input Crutch! I read somewhere that if a plant has a purple stem or leaves then most likely it's indicative of the colors it will have. The purple showed up Mid August so I doubt it's from the temp change. Especially because the bigger tree is the same strain and doesn't have as much purple...

The fan is 12 inches blowing on low and has been for 24 hours since Wed night. Is that too much? I'm nervous now... You think they are going to dry faster?

The fan is just how you see it in the picture. The box is 1/3 open and the fan is resting on top, blowing right on top of them. I thought the box method was the best way. Would it be better to hang them in a big open space like the guy did in that guide?

I have a whole bag of trimmings from this so I think I'm going to make butter in a crock pot over like 24 hours tonight. I shrink wrapped and froze the bag to keep it fresh, but I can't wait that long before moisture seeps in somehow.

Open to all suggestions

17. Is the box full or is it just that one plant? If its packed it ain't gonna work good. Take it out and trim up a lil more (if you want; leaf tips are harsh).. And cut em off the branches before there "too" dry (use your best judgement) and layer them in the bag with shredded paper like in the guide.

After a day or two in the bags your nugs should be really "crisp". Thats when you start to jar cure. The nug will dense up a lil and stink MO BETTA!!:p haha
    And try to cure for a month.

You'll appreciate the patience! :smoke:

PS you can always make hash oil and make some dank edibles with your leaves!! Don't waste em. I just made a batch of oil and made truffles, and infused the rest with honey :D

18. The box is empty they are all very separate (look at the pics!) I had to make another box ... would 1/2 the fan blowing in constantly have dried it out faster? Its def a lot less dense now, but still moist. I'm suppose to dry until stem snaps correct? It's only been 3 days and I was reading 5-7. Could the fan have made it shrivel up because it wasn't oscillating? If that's the case I'll dry in an open space like the guy did in that video next time.

I already trimmed and manicured them before drying. Gonna cook everything in the crockpot... Then I have pretty much my entire tent harvest that got ruined and is going to be cooked unless you know of something better to do with like an O of headie blackberry haze (sativa) and random indica that smells like hay...:eek:

I'd like to make something my bro will def wanna eat so if you know of any sick recipes... My friend recently messed up my batch by looking up a regular recipe to make cookies and they tasted so gross so we tried to rescue them by putting butter on top of all the cookies and coating them with sugar and even that didnt help...:eek:

I read somewhere that if you cook in a crockpot for at least 24 hrs you get max potency... What would the butter / cannabis ratio be?

19. Yea It probably dries the outer edges quickly makin em curl. I think you could cut them of the branches now and paper bag em to dry 2-3 more days. Its pretty easy/cheap for a grocery bag and some smaller paper lunch bags..Follow that guide from there on out, thats what i would do.

Just make sure its pretty crispy before jar curing. The nugs will dense back up. Dryer is better than wetter IMO.

As for the edibles go to BadKittys thread on edibles. SOO good. Use coconut oil for one.
    Once your on BadKittys page scroll down to "Chocolate covered Peanutbutter truffles". You don;t have to cook anything. Besides your oil which is the most important.

Now for the measurements of bud to oil ratio I'll help you out cuz i had messed up cannaoil before by adding to much butter/oil.

Now honestly the best, best way is to get a kief box and run your ground up bud through the box. Now take that "hash" and thats what you can make oil with and/or use the leftover shake and also infuse that on stove top or in a seperate dish.

But definately hash cannaoil is the best and you can use less oil and it will be super potent :D

But check this out: http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...tive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html

This should be read first so you can get an idea, then come back if you have questions! :smoke:

20. PS when you cook with any "infused butter/oil" it loses potency from the heat.

The best two treats In my opinion are rice krispys and the truffles cuz you don't have to cook them.