First Grow: LR2's with CFL's

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by G4Ganja, Jul 20, 2010.

1. #1 G4Ganja, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
    Hey GC!
    Currently growing a couple of LowRyder#2's in a 60x60cm growtent, with a 125w red spectrum cfl and reflector, and a 85w blue spectrum cfl.. One of thems growing in hydroton, and one in 25% hydroton, 75% soil. They are roughly 4 n half weeks in now, so a bit late to be starting a journal, but what the hell...
    The one in all Hydroton is currently at about 14" tall, while the one in soil/hydroton is about an inch taller! pretty happy with the progress, some yellowing on the lower leaves but not too worried about it!
    Any advice or comments appreciated, as with any questions...

Time for me to have a joint and go bed :D :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. you prolly wanna put your cfls closer. good job so far

3. Nice pics.

Branchy & hairs starting to show. more/closer cfls could help a bit, but looking nice.
    keep it up
    :smoking:

4. Thanx people, ive lowered the CFL's, I'll get some more pics up when ive got chance.
    The one in the soil/hydroton mix has shot up a couple of inches taller than the one in just hydroton, but not as many pistils or branches.. Pics soon :smoking:

5. Lookin good man.What light cycle are you using?

6. They have been on 20/4 since start :smoking:

A few more pics, taken yesterday..

Attached Files:

7. LRs. so convenient ! wish i had opportunity to grow right now.

8. Hey GC! Another quick update,
    The plant in hydroton is @ 17" tall,
    Whilst the one in soil/hydroton mix has shot up to 24"!
    And was against the light today when i went to check on it..
    It doesnt seem to of burnt it, not noticably anyway, but its making it awkward to keep the light close enough to the shorter one...
    Anyway a few pics, lemme know what ya think:

Attached Files:

9. #9 G4Ganja, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
    Another quick update, the tall one just keeps growing, everytime i check on it, its at the light, or almost at the light... While the smaller one is still at 17" this ones now at about 27"..
    I read somewhere (on here) before i joined, that there were 2 main phenotypes for LR2, and these seem to match the descriptions if i remember correctly..
    Ive got the light and reflector at about a 45 degree angle now, with the lower end above the little one! (Obviously :p)
    A few pics anyway, you can see the trichs forming on the shorter one..
    I also took a couple of pics through handheld microscope of the trich's, not the best pics but it took me about an hour to get em right... :D

(edit: oh and the little one you can see in the first pic is another LR2, didnt have a pot for it so i made one out of a bit of ducting, stabbed holes all the way round it for airflow, and put a cd in the bottom with some holes in it :D)

Attached Files:

10. very nice m8, those auto's are looking hella good :) im def subbed check out my auto grow as well :p

11. cheers :smoking: ill check it out now

12. Love pictures of tops of colas.

13. me too man, i love just sitting there lookin at em :D

14. Looking good!

15. cheers mate, just subbed to your grow, lookin good also! :D:smoking:

16. #16 G4Ganja, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2010
    Hey GC, so im 6 weeks in and i have finally got a PH test kit, lol, so i'll check it today and update with the details... Cant see it being too far out since i havnt had any problems (touch wood) with them.. There is some yellowing on bottom couple of sets of leaves though, dya think i should chop em off? Or just leave em til they fall off?

17. #18 G4Ganja, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
  18. Thanks G,
    ill be following your grow
    good luck

19. Been away for a couple of days wi missus n kids, come back today and mi lil ladies are doin great! :D (as far as i can tell)
    The short one has lots of trich's now, and the tall one has about has many as the short one did a couple of days ago...
    Really sould give em names but cant think of anythin decent :confused_2:

Temps wer at 23 degrees c, and humidity at 60%.. The max/min temps while i was away wer 20/27, humidity max/min wer 45/80..
    Is 80% too high for them?

Well happy with my first grow! (so far anyway!)
    Cant wait to harvest! (about 3 weeks left)
    Also im getting some bubble hash bags, heard only good things about them, and never tried it before so it should be good :bongin:

No pics this time, mi girlfriend left camera about 80 miles away :confused: Ill get a half decent camera sorted sometime in next few days and get some pics on...
    Til then, smoke on brotha's! :smoke: