First Grow -- Lowryder Easy Ryder and Afghan Kush Ryder

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mikehoncho, Jul 27, 2010.

1. #1 mikehoncho, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2010
    I finally decided to do my own grow. My goal was to make this as simple as possible for my first attempt. I decided to go with two types of auto flowering feminized seeds -- 3 each of the Lowryder Easy Ryder AKA Lowryder #2 x AK47 and the World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryder. The seeds were started in rockwool last night, and I will post pics of the set-up when I actually have something other than a bright tent to show.

I have everything housed in a Secret Jardin DR150, and I'll be using T5s for the grow (the Sun Blaze 48). I currently have the cool/blue spectrum lights running, and will be mixing it up with some warm/red spectrum down the road (not sure when yet). I went with the T5s to avoid heat issues and venting. I considered an LED array, but chose to wait on that until I see whether this home grow will be working for me.

Once I have strong seedlings, they will be transplanted into Waterfarm top feed buckets and grown in hydroton medium. I will add an air stone to each and have a combo top feed/DWC running. At this point, I am using the GH nutrients that came with the Waterfarm buckets, but may make a switch down the road.

That's about it for now -- I'll try to get a few pics up in the near future.

I'd love to hear any comments/suggestions.

2. A few days into the process and things seem to be progressing -- it looks like all six seeds are sprouting. A few pics below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Thinking down the road a bit here -- with the size of the DR150, I could easily fit another Sun Blaze 48 in, which I suspect would be better -- thoughts?

4. #4 mikehoncho, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2010
    Well, the Afghan Kush Ryder sprouted and promptly died, but the Easy Ryder seems to be doing well. I have 3 plants that are 8 days out for being seeds. I dropped the rockwool and seedlings into some Waterfarm top feed buckets. The lights are running on a 20/4 schedule.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. About 2 weeks from seeds, and I'm pretty pleased with 2 of the 3 survivors. The World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryders all spouted and promptly died, but all 3 of the Lowryder Easy Ryder AKA Lowryder #2 x AK47 sprouted and took hold. Two of them are quickly outpacing the third, and I'm not sure why -- all are getting the same TLC... Thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. hey man whats up...saw your grow any updated pics. im grownin the same strains right now a lil farther behind you i believe.