First grow lots of questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hamson, Jul 24, 2012.

1. So these are my 2 plants. 61 days since I started germing them 26 days of 12/12. I planted 4 seeds 2 of which were L.A Confidentials, they both turned out to be hermies.

So these plants are from 2 test seeds from the attitude and I fucked up keeping track of the strains..anyone have a clue?it might ring a bell if I hear the strains name. I am also not sure about the yellowing near the bottom. Any ideas? The plants are growing in 18L pots under 1 400w hps.

Humidity is between 30 and 40% during the day and a smooth 50% during the night. Temps are between 80 and 87 during the day and 68 to 73 during the night.

Also how much longer do you guys think it will be till harvest?I have a flavour fertilizer that I should start 3-4weeks before harvest.

Attached Files:

• 047.jpg
      047.jpg
      File size:
      231.8 KB
      Views:
    • 046.jpg
      046.jpg
      File size:
      235.6 KB
      Views:
    • 051.jpg
      051.jpg
      File size:
      210.1 KB
      Views:
    • 054.jpg
      054.jpg
      File size:
      149.2 KB
      Views:
    • 060.jpg
      060.jpg
      File size:
      152.3 KB
      Views:
    • 061.jpg
      061.jpg
      File size:
      151 KB
      Views:
    • 063.jpg
      063.jpg
      File size:
      183.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Not bad for your first grow. They look like sativa strains to me and those usually flower a little longer than indicas. I'd say 10 weeks for total flower. Get a microscope and check the trichs out. Milky/amber is what you want before you harvest to be exact. And the yellow at the bottoms is normal. I'm not sure what causes it, but I think it's just the plant sucking all the energy from the lower fan leaves. But I'm no expert. Keep it up!

3. Looking good mate.
    The yellowing can be sorted by giving 10ml of your veg feed per 2L water along with any other feeds you are using. That will take about 3 feeds to get them looking lush green again as it'll give them the nitrogen they need. But I would say maybe 3 weeks till flush. Keep us posted.
    Good luck.

4. Thx guys. Anyone know exactly what strain it is?i ordered the test seeds from the attitude mid april

5. Well for one I welcome myself back havent been on here in a bit lol.
    But for the most part no one is gonna be able to tell what strain it is, they might be able to guess but there is no distinct way of identifying the strain. The yellowing is fine I personally wouldn't try to make it green again the plant is sucking the energy from those leafs.

The yellowing is the pigment (Chlorophyll) being sucked out of the leafs. Chlorophyll is what is responsible for bud being harsh when finished I would like all my plants to turn yellow and die off at the end of flowering but they don't. You can give them a little bit of veg nute's a long with your flowering feeding schedule ((If you have one) but I would only do that if it gets really yellow all over the plant.

they look really good for a first grow though, your doing great.

6. imo it looks like a blueberry.. crossed with some type of sativa. for 26 days I think they look nice an plump. the yellowing of the lowers seems to be normal, and always happens to my ladies as well. I think the plant lets the older, less effective and least efficient leaves die once the energy that was supplying them can be used in 'better' ways and in different areas of the plant.

7. Alot of blue cheese going around!

8. Thx alot. Blueberry was def one of the Test seeds. G13 Labs Auto Blueberry if I remember correctly.

9. I have a flavour fertilizer that I should start 3-4weeks before harvest.

What the hell is a "flavor fertilizer"???

10. What is actually happening is a phase of the plants life called Plant Senescence.

"Senescense, in plants, often refers to the seasonal event of leaves changing colors and dropping in deciduous plants although it also refers to the general shedding of old leaves.

Senescence occurs to conserve resources withing a plant. As winter approaches the day gets shorter. Deciduous plants pick up on this and begin to generate hormones such as ethylene which signal that it is time to mobilize some of the more energy-expensive molecules in the leaves. Molecules that take lots of energy to create, such as chlorophyls, are packaged (sometimes in pieces) and moved out of the leaf and into the stems and roots for safe keeping. This process leaves behind the easier-to-manufacture compounds such as carotenoids which give us the brilliant yellows and reds that you see on trees in the fall. Eventually a chemical signal is given to kill off a plane of cells near the base of the leaf causing the leaf to die loosen, and eventually drop to the ground.

The process is the same in leaves that are dropped simply for their age.

The process can be delayed or even absent in plants that have been treated with, or have a mutation causing an excess of, cytokinins (plant hormones that, in excess, promote shorter, bushier, leafier "dwarved" plants."

More on this subject can be read here - Plant senescence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

J

11. I bought a fertilizer set from ata organics. it came with root-c,growth-c,bloom-c,flower-c,alga-c and flavor c. On the flavor-c bottle it says that it is an organic flavor and taste imrovement agent on a basis of root molasses.

12. I'm not sure what you paid but molasses is cheap.

Cheap cheap.

J

Btw, it's not a flavor enhancer either. I'm not sure what a flavor enhancer is...